New BF4 Computer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
    You shouldn't have any worries at all with that kind of budget. My latest system is maybe a year and a half old now and it still completely crushes everything that comes along. Core I5 2500k, 8GB ram, 560Ti. Cost me about $1600 when I picked it up. I don't have to compromise from the highest settings for any game currently out, and probably won't until late this year when the first couple of games developed for "next gen" consoles start to hit. I LOVE my SSD by the way, but I only have my OS on it. I would say invest in some SSD RAID and secondary drives for great performance all around.

I may be borderline for max settings for BF4 but think I should be ok. RAM is getting more expensive again but I can always SLI my cards or upgrade to a more recent single card.

-Rand
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I'm right in saying you will notice very little performance increase in raiding 2 SSD drives. It is always advised to run them singularly.

Quick quote from Tom's,

Our third real-world benchmark provides us with pretty much the same results as the first two. There’s practically no difference between the SSD-based setups, whether you're looking at a single drive or two in RAID 0. In this one, we're booting Widows 8, starting Adobe Photoshop CS6, and loading a picture.

Comment

Cain,
      This might help a bit:
      Maximum PC Recommended Builds
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X