New BF4 Computer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BF4 Computer....

I'm looking at those Gigabit Z87 Boards...

Thoughts on CPU, Video cards and cases??

Thanks!!

Don't bother with Haswell. The only thing that offers is an upgrade path. But if you're inclined to only upgrade once every 2-3 years there will be a new socket out by then.

CPU: i3570K

GFX: Anything AMD unless you prefer paying a lot more $ for a tiny amount of performance gain.

Case: Old case not good enough? Replacement should be Lian Li or Silverstone.

SSD: Make sure you have one.

Comment

Tick Tock Cain you need to be able to play BF4.

Comment

What's your budget? I would look into Sandy Bridge-E. The Ivy Bridge-E will be coming out soon I think.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          Tick Tock Cain you need to be able to play BF4.
          this ...get that sucker together and PLAY good sir :P

Comment

I usually build a new PC every 5-7 years, so I'll probably use the most current CPU. My last build was in early 2009.

I would normally wait another year or so but I hired a new guy at work and he needs a PC so I'll take this opportunity to upgrade my home/work PC now and he gets my old one. He has an old laptop, so I could push my build off a month or so.

Best CPU available (or in the next couple of months) ??

Best most stable MB available (or in the next couple of months) ??

My budget is probably around $4,000.00 but I never waste money on stuff I do not need.

Comment

For 4k I am sure you get a banging computer. Mine was 1500 and ran BF3 very well. That was what 2 years ago?

Comment

I'm in a similar situation, as my Dad needs a "new" PC. I try to wait till September / October to make my final decisions.

On my current list are:

CPU: Ivy-Bridge-E i7-4930K (Socket: 2011-x) or Haswell i7-4771 (Socket: 1150)
                MB: Asus-Deluxe type (for connectivity reasons)
                RAM: 4x4 GB or 2x8 GB Corsair RAM
                GPU: Direct-X11.1 compatible (for BF4), probably an AMD "Volcanic Islands" card (said to be out in October)
                SSD: Intel DC S3500 or 3700 SSD
                Monitor: Samsung F6500 40" LED-TV (already using this one)
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

My thought is that you can always "Wait" for the next best thing. Usually the best thing is at the worst price point for value.
                  Buy when you are ready to pull the trigger. As we say in car sales "paralysis by analysis"

Comment

Grisu take a look at the new Samsung SSD's 840.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      Grisu take a look at the new Samsung SSD's 840.
                      i has this.. just got it..using it for game storage..

Comment

Hey Brian!! You doing OK these days?

Comment

You shouldn't have any worries at all with that kind of budget. My latest system is maybe a year and a half old now and it still completely crushes everything that comes along. Core I5 2500k, 8GB ram, 560Ti. Cost me about $1600 when I picked it up. I don't have to compromise from the highest settings for any game currently out, and probably won't until late this year when the first couple of games developed for "next gen" consoles start to hit. I LOVE my SSD by the way, but I only have my OS on it. I would say invest in some SSD RAID and secondary drives for great performance all around.

I may be borderline for max settings for BF4 but think I should be ok. RAM is getting more expensive again but I can always SLI my cards or upgrade to a more recent single card.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain, you might also want to check this review of the 840 evo.
                            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/13-3029/index.html

Ends today, but from the quick browsing I did they have some decent deals.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X