abusive kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abusive kicks

Some dude named blackjack keeps trying to kick me because i'm apparently bad because I was awping with the bomb while none on our team were even attempting to get a bombsite, and I was the only one getting any kills on our team. The kick went threw only once but it's still annoying having pathetic players like him, even worse when he's always dying and not even contributing to the team. Please admins do something about vote kicking players for their own gain and trying to minipulate your team to kick them also, thanks.

I know Blackjack. He's rough at times. Did you try talking to him? If you did and that didn't work, I'll have a word with him.

Beyond that, if you've got the bomb and they're giving you grief about sitting back sniping, just toss the bomb so they'll shut up.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There seems to be a lot of votekick abuse going on as of late, but we'll try to get it under control.

Comment

Alright, thanks for the reponse Fenris.

Comment

I sent blackjack a message over steam about the situation, but I also checked the chat logs, fishy. I'll be honest, I think both you and blackjack should work on improving your attitudes. From the looks of it, Blackjack called a vote to kick you after an altercation between you, him, BrockSampson and some others about you holding the bomb while people were asking you to drop it because you were sitting back sniping. I don't know the specifics of the situation, but I do know that if I have the bomb, but I want to snipe, I either move with the team while sniping or more often pass the bomb on to someone else so I can snipe from where I so choose.

How we play varies of course, and it's nobody's job to tell you how to play, but I think this case goes a bit beyond, "he thought I sucked so he called a vote". There were tempers and egos out of control on both ends. Apparently you wrote your post after one votekick, yet you said he "keeps trying to kick me". That's rather disingenuous. He called one vote after you fought with him and a bunch of people, and they voted to kick you. It only lasted a minute, and you were able to come back. Perhaps if you had been slightly cooler-headed, other players wouldn't have voted yes.

I don't really see an abuse of the vote system, just a lot of verbal abuse from both them and you.

And no, he's not getting banned for the weekend.

Next time someone gets hot-headed, just remain calm, don't trashtalk them, and try to keep communication polite. People don't just votekick because you sat with the bomb one round. They also do it if you're being a giant asshole. And we generally let the votekick system be used in this regard. If someone is making the game unpleasant, they are welcome to call a vote. You could have called one on blackjack even.

Anyway, I hope you both cool off and go back to enjoying the game.

Comment

It is good "cs etiquette" to drop the bomb if you are going to be hanging back and sniping.
          [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I was holding the bomb while sniping mid on the map Mirage, but my WHOLE team was sitting at either mid or camping near spawn giving them the bomb would have done nothing besides them dying with it in a spot that I can't recover it to try to win the round. At that time in the game I was the only person even attempting to win the game he was just being annoying as hell while doing nothing himself. And the funny part is that on the same map he was the last person alive camping with the bomb at two different points in the game. Also I didn't even get kicked until one of the rounds where I was the last one alive and I was trying to win the game. I killed around 7 people and was still going and then a vote kick popped up and I got kicked. I also didn't even have the bomb some dude suicides with it in some random spot and I was trying to recover it. And of course i'm going to act like a jerk back to him if he's going to try to start trash talking me for no reason, you can ask anyone on that server I don't trash talk I've played this server for over a year now and I don't just "hold the bomb mid while sniping" if my team was making an effort to get a bomb site I would have followed them but instead he just sat there YELLING in the mic for me to give him the bomb like I had to. Instead he decided to start TKing me and took me to 30% HP and not to mention the round had barley started also and they didn't plan on rushing anything so I don't see what me giving him the bomb would have done. And if they wanted to go somewhere I would have gone. Point being he's an annoying prick that needs to learn to not talk so much and get a lot better at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by fishylol View Post
              Instead he decided to start TKing me and took me to 30% HP
              This should certainly not be happening.
              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Yeah, I'm more concerned about team attacking then the calling a vote. If you're playing cooperatively and friendly and someone calls a vote, people aren't inclined to just vote yes without thought. Some are, but not enough to typically get away with it. But if someone is attacking teammates, even if they aren't killing them, then that should be addressed.

of course i'm going to act like a jerk back to him if he's going to try to start trash talking me for no reason
                But that just lead to escalation, more people piling on you, and ultimately the votekick. I'm saying be the better man. I see that he was being an asshole, I've sent him a message about it, and hopefully he'll cool off again. If not, he'll get a vacation. Your initial complaint was about the votekick though, and to that point, it was not abused. He cast one vote, you got kicked for a minute, then you came back and from the looks of it, were able to play for quite a while longer. The vote system worked as intended. You could have just as easily called a vote on him for camping with the bomb later.

I'm not trying to turn things around here and say you're the one at fault, fishy, I'm just saying your attitude wasn't much better than Blackjack's when communication got ugly. Of course you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of angry talk, but it doesn't improve matters to do it back.

Comment

Okay thanks for the replys, I do understand I shouldn't have talked back but it's hard not to. Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys, and thank for reviewing the logs. I received a message from Fenris, which is why I've come here to tell my side.

First and foremost, I'd like to make it clear that I took a demo of the entire situation because Fishy was threatening bans - posing as an admin for the most part - so I started a demo. Not sure when I started the demo, but it was long before the votekick, which, quite frankly, Fishy, you had coming. It was my first and only votekick that day, and you were being a total dickhead to several teammates and even members of the other team leading up to it. Besides the camping with the bomb thing, which was completely childish, had you been more friendly to your teammates, the vote may not have passed. Your attitude and unwillingness to assist the team, or even give up the bomb for us to plant, precipitated your votekick. You ranted for quite a while about how bad we all were and how much we all sucked and why we didn't deserve the bomb. When you wouldn't let it go between me and one or two other teammates, I started the vote, and you got kicked. As Fenris pointed out, it lasted an entire 60 seconds - harsh, I know - so if it took 1 minute for you to realize what a douche you were being, I think the votekick was justified and the system did its job. A thank you to Fenris for seeing this in his review.

Nevertheless, Fishy, you reconnected and continued your attitude for the most part, but it was scaled back and you were on the other team, so everyone pretty much ignored you. No one initiated a second votekick, so I really don't think anyone abused the system, though my instinct is that another kick would have passed again. Also, much like your original post being an exaggeration, your followup post about TKing is, as well. The only point at which you were shot by teammates was when you were shot with a glock by me and another player, one shot each, because you were standing completely still with the bomb for quite a while, ignoring voice and text requests to drop it. Once we both shot, you reacted, and we stopped shooting. We thought you were AFK, so we were going to kill you and take the bomb. I understand that TKing is frowned upon and intentional TKing is not allowed, but we only attacked with the intent to get the bomb when we thought you were AFK. That's when your rant began. If you had a mic all along, why ignore our requests for the bomb? Speak to your team with respect and be a team player and the same respect will be returned. Instead, you were acting selfishly, childishly, rudely, and insinuating authority that you do not have, so your team reacted accordingly and kicked you. Now your childishness continues outside of game over to the forums. Shame on you.

Comment

*popcorn*

Comment

I would love to see this Demo because I did no such thing of pretending to be an admin. Also i'm never a dick to my team rather I try to motivate them to win more. I don't even talk unless someone is talking to me or i'm trying to figure out where we want to go with the bomb. I didn't start talking trash to you till after you yelled in the mic for 5 mins non stop and TK'D me almost to 0 health while I had the bomb with over a minute left in the game. Also I don't even care that the vote passed because it was a one time thing and i'm not hated on this server like a lot aren't very fond of your trash talk that you attempt to do so much even though you can't average a positive KDA. And I also only said how bad you were, because you were raging about how you wanted the bomb when none was trying to get a bombsite and you were not doing anything to contribute to the team let alone TKing me.

And when I reconnected I said very few words. And of course none initiated a second votekick because I didn't do anything in the first place. You're lying once again, you thought I was AFK? I was talking in my mic and shooting at people with my awp. How could I be afk when i'm shooting at someone while you're right next to me? And I didn't even start talking to you until you started to TK me for 0 reason because i'm "AFK" last I checked AFK players can't shoot an awp. And it was only you and one other person on my team that was saying anything. Generally if someone starts a kick vote and is telling people to kick me and i'm not doing anything wrong that's abusing the kicking vote. Not to mention when I did get kicked I was trying to win the game.

Also I like how you try acting like I had the whole server against me at that time, I had at most 3-4 people counting you saying stuff because you kept trying to egg on the situation as much as you could.

And please put the VoD on the forums please, i'm sure it doesn't exist because most of what you're saying is truly a bunch of lies. Peace.
                        Last edited by fishylol; 29 Jul 2013, 01:14 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                          *popcorn*

Comment

"kids"
                            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
                              ill take some of that.. is it butter?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X