Rainfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainfall

From June 1 through today, July 31, it has rained all but five days. I live in South Georgia and we have had about 40% more rain than normal. Luckily there has been very little flooding. The nice thing about the rain is the high temperatures we normally get this time of year are nonexistent. Normally we are around 100° this time of year. This year we have been mostly in the mid 80's to low 90's. For us this is a cold summer figuratively speaking. I think the hottest day so far has been 95°. Of course the humidity is always around 100% here for this time of year, even without the rain.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Glad you are getting little or no flooding in your area. Enjoy the pleasant temperatures while you can.
    --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
      From June 1 through today, July 31, it has rained all but five days. I live in South Georgia and we have had about 40% more rain than normal. Luckily there has been very little flooding. The nice thing about the rain is the high temperatures we normally get this time of year are nonexistent. Normally we are around 100° this time of year. This year we have been mostly in the mid 80's to low 90's. For us this is a cold summer figuratively speaking. I think the hottest day so far has been 95°. Of course the humidity is always around 100% here for this time of year, even without the rain.
      Apache
      It's up and down the east coast. My garden loves it... some tomato plants I put in late (I didn't free up space for the seedlings in my raised beds as soon as I wanted to) are now sprawling over the neighboring beds. Only problem I have been having is with mold/mildew on some of the lower growing stuff.

Comment

Outside DC it had been trending to an all-time high for rain until about 2 weeks ago. We're not at that level anymore, we're just typical hot and humid.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Still raining every day here. It is a good thing the land is sand and not clay.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Our weather has been great this year (thank you N.Atlantic jetsream!). In fact it's being classed as our first Summer since 2006 lol. We're just cooling down (now mid 80's) from the longest July heatwave since 1976 (19 days) with zero rain and have done so with a bang. Some crazy storms around at the moment that wouldn't look out of place in S.E Asia's typhoon season. One even ripped a good chunk of my guttering down from the sheer force of the rain.

Still not a patch on the current weather in the Rest of Western Europe though, but it's a start.

Comment

Please send excess rainfall to the parched West. Thank ya very much. (It's 102 degrees here, has been around 100 highs for days, and no rain in sight).
              --Slaughter

Comment

We've been getting tons of rain here north of Atlanta also. We have had more rain in the first 6 months of the year than we had all year last year.
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Sounds like you guys are getting a dose of British weather.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X