Seizure Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seizure Sunday

Hey guys, I thought I would keep you all up to date as to what I've been up to lately. Well it started out with one internship that turned into three. Now when I go back to school, I have my choice of two internships if I want them. The third one didn't really fall through like I had hoped. I will be a help desk assistant as well as an intern for a repair shop for PC's. I'm pretty excited.

On another note, I had my first seizure this past Sunday. It was weird blacking out and then waking up on a stretcher with a needle in one arm and a barf bag in the other. This was while I was working at Waffle House. Klonopin is a bad drug to take and stop. I'm just now figuring out that. I read about seizures could happen, but I didn't know it was a guarantee LOL. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that everything is alright and I'm still alive. Banged up my shoulder and head a bit, but other than the pain, I'm honestly alright. I didn't have a brain to damage luckily lol.

I hope that you guys are doing well!

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
    Hey guys, I thought I would keep you all up to date as to what I've been up to lately. Well it started out with one internship that turned into three. Now when I go back to school, I have my choice of two internships if I want them. The third one didn't really fall through like I had hoped. I will be a help desk assistant as well as an intern for a repair shop for PC's. I'm pretty excited.

On another note, I had my first seizure this past Sunday. It was weird blacking out and then waking up on a stretcher with a needle in one arm and a barf bag in the other. This was while I was working at Waffle House. Klonopin is a bad drug to take and stop. I'm just now figuring out that. I read about seizures could happen, but I didn't know it was a guarantee LOL. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that everything is alright and I'm still alive. Banged up my shoulder and head a bit, but other than the pain, I'm honestly alright. I didn't have a brain to damage luckily lol.

I hope that you guys are doing well!
    Well good luck with the internship and school. I wish you well and feeling better .

Comment

you can't just stop taking drugs like klonopin and xanax man. you have to go through a weening off process.

Comment

That's crap Jeffro. They shouldn't prescribe you drugs that need a weening off period like that. If I have the willpower I should be able to quit it just like cigarettes! LOL

On a serious note, looks like I plan on taking this slow and weening myself off, but we're getting mixed views as to how to ween off of Klonopin. They just prescribe you anything without the warning signs.

Comment

That's crap Jeffro. They shouldn't prescribe you drugs that need a weening off period like that. If I have the willpower I should be able to quit it just like cigarettes! LOL

On a serious note, looks like I plan on taking this slow and weening myself off, but we're getting mixed views as to how to ween off of Klonopin. They just prescribe you anything without the warning signs.
          Well talk to a doctor about it. Don't read and believe everything online about others experiences.

Comment

When doctors put us on a new drug, they don't usually think about us stopping it. I agree they should. We're lucky to have the Internet.

Comment

Man, I knew waffle house could be bad for ya but seizures
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Seizures would explain the way you play...

Comment

Take care of yourself Niles.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
                    Man, I knew waffle house could be bad for ya but seizures
                    Back in college, everyone got all drugged up first, THEN went to waffle house.

Comment

Well I was taking Klonopin for three months or so when I decided to abruptly stop because it was making me angry all the time. Well apparently when you do this, you take the chance of having a seizure. I wish I would've had it at home alone rather than in public where people can call the ambulance. *sigh* Maybe next seizure lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X