No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The slots are actually a dark cream colour and brown... the colour scheme of this board isn't the greatest lol, but it's the performance that counts.

The build is clean apart from the 8pin 12v cable. It's about 2" too short to go behind the board to the top and out. It'll be lying across the motherboard til I can get an extension.

Just had the traditional scare moment. Booted up with no optical drive installed just to see if everything was ok. Check. Plug in optical drive and cables... accidentally unhook ssd power cable... reboot... argh where's my ssd gone!

Windows installing now.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      The build is clean apart from the 8pin 12v cable. It's about 2" too short to go behind the board to the top and out. It'll be lying across the motherboard til I can get an extension.
      That's where bigger companies stand out. My cable was also too short, but my Coolermaster HAF X had a 6 inch extender. They thought of everything.

Comment

Corsair isn't a bigger company? Lol. The reason why the cable is short is probably down to the fact that the psu is closing in on 5 years old.

The extension gives me an excuse to buy some fancy braided cables anyways hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
          Corsair isn't a bigger company? Lol. The reason why the cable is short is probably down to the fact that the psu is closing in on 5 years old.

The extension gives me an excuse to buy some fancy braided cables anyways hehe.
          Meant to say more specific. Better. Corsair makes too many things to focus on a case. Clearly it wasn't as thought of as much as you think. And it has nothing to do with the PSU. Mine is current and still wasn't long enough. What's your PSU anyways?

Comment

But your case is huge. Where as mine is for m-atx systems. The case is tiny yet the cable still doesn't reach. 5 years ago when I bought the psu cable routing behind the motherboard tray was pretty much non-existent unlike today.hThe psu is a hx520.

Any recommendations on braided cables? Or are they all pretty much the same? Kind of annoying that I'm going to have to buy a 30cm extension when I only need about a 1/10th of that.

Comment

How the hell doesn't it reach when it's made for matx? You're right then. And I don't know anything about braided cables. I know that I hate men who have braided hair, that's about it.

Comment

It's from back when cable tidying was still done over the motherboard.

Liking the looks of some bitfenix cables so I'll probably go for those. More free haribo!!

Windows update time. Urgh....

Comment

Gah! I hate windows updates! Really need to build a copy of Win7 with all the updates patched.

Comment

Hard to hear you over my un-updated windows. I turn off the update right after reformating my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                      Hard to hear you over my un-updated windows. I turn off the update right after reformating my computer.

Comment

Well the new build seems to be all OK. I'll be getting a few extension cables, doing some tidying, then I'll take some proper photo's.

Comment

what cpu did u get and what motherboard is that?

I was thinking of getting the h100 too with the corsair 500R or 550D. But have doubt on which to get with the H100. if i do it would be my first water cooling.
                          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
                            what cpu did u get and what motherboard is that?

I was thinking of getting the h100 too with the corsair 500R or 550D. But have doubt on which to get with the H100. if i do it would be my first water cooling.
                            4670K and a Asus Z87 Gryphon.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              Yes, you should turn off windows update during the install. But you should still do it manually once a month or more often for security and bug fixes.

... or was he using sarcasm..?

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
                                Yes, you should turn off windows update during the install. But you should still do it manually once a month or more often for security and bug fixes.

... or was he using sarcasm..?
                                Always hard to tell, but that's part of the fun.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X