Umm something needs to happen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm something needs to happen!

I just got kicked during a game because it was 10 vs. me... and they didnt like that I tried to kill a retreating terrorist and grab a gun. This seems a little extreme... and of course you cannot merely rejoin. So after waiting 40+ minutes to join I got to play 5 rounds.

Umm this is not the Cains I remember.

Jsmith

Jared, you should have been able to rejoin after 1 minute. Vote bans are for 1 minute. I also checked Source Bans and it shows that the ban was for 1 minute.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

J I am sorry it happened. There are some asses on the servers when we are not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        Jared, you should have been able to rejoin after 1 minute. Vote bans are for 1 minute. I also checked Source Bans and it shows that the ban was for 1 minute.
        Apache
        If it's a busy night, getting vote kicked can mean a long wait for someone to leave the server and you to beat the line of people also trying to get on.

On the other hand, according to the logs, it only took jsmith 5 minutes to get back on, not 40. It's all in the logs.

People can be jerks with the callvote, but it takes more than one person to approve it, so there had to be some sort of problem or everybody was just being sheep.

Comment

Some will vote yes no matter what. Others will vote no every time.
          Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Well he wasn't afk...so the vote kick was un-call for, like you said "just for killing a retreating terrorist". Always try see who is trying to vote kick you. That way we keep track of these individuals that call unnecessary votes.

btw: I try to tell others to wait one round before kicking afks.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I don't understand this story at all. And you barely joined Cains at CSGO so I doubt it's much different than you remember.

Comment

I am not new to Cains... I have actually had the pleasure of Lanning with him and watching movies in his home theatre. The rejoin was 5 min.. but the initial join took 40 or so. As to who started it the player name was ION.

Jsmith

*Edit* if I am not mistaken I started in Cains around 2002 or so. So six or more years that you joined this community. I merely am refering to what I know of what kind of community it normally is. *end edit*

Comment

I have known Jared and been to Lans with him numerous times. There is a pic floating around of Jared, my son, and I sitting in Cain's theater watching movies.
                  He really is a nice guy and in the years we have killed each other, mostly him killing me, he is always polite and helpful with the server.
                  Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I didn't say he wasn't. He sure keeps me company with his voice chat. Considering I spend most of the time dead in the first twenty seconds. Maybe I'll understand more if the story was explained further. Because "killing a retreating terrorist" sounds like he TKd he teammate for not rushing in.

Comment

Neg sir. I was trying... emphasis on trying to kill a t as a ct to grab a gun for match point round coming up.

Yeah I talk a lot my mother constantly calls me a talkative social sponge!

Thanks Apache I miss those days.. maybe we should try and Lan again before your son's wedding lol!

Jsmith

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith View Post
                        Neg sir. I was trying... emphasis on trying to kill a t as a ct to grab a gun for match point round coming up.

Yeah I talk a lot my mother constantly calls me a talkative social sponge!

Thanks Apache I miss those days.. maybe we should try and Lan again before your son's wedding lol!

Jsmith
                        Do you know something I don't????????
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

LOL you should have said before you are a grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            Do you know something I don't????????
                            Apache
                            What a way to find out... our wedding is on the 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              What a way to find out... our wedding is on the 30th.
                              Whore

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X