No announcement yet.

Old tired PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there are if I looked around and generally when I find custom builts they are more expensive besides for these Cyberpower/IBuyPower mass build companies. Also I have had 2 HP's, my dad has an HP, and my best friend has an HP elite (their gaming version) and none of us have ever had a problem with them.
    Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
    BF4: Awesome FK
    Steam ID: henry06x
    Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
    X henry06x

Comment

While it hasn't been perfect I have a Dell that I bought in Jan of 2008 and it has run everything between COD 4 to BF3. I don't think I'll try BF4 on it however. I also can't complain about the Alienware rig I had.

Comment

my alienware that I used to run went well. That was before dell bought them though. Not sure the quality level. How much would you spend on a new computer is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          While it hasn't been perfect I have a Dell that I bought in Jan of 2008 and it has run everything between COD 4 to BF3. I don't think I'll try BF4 on it however. I also can't complain about the Alienware rig I had.
          BF4 is using the same engine as BF3 so there shouldn't be too much of an extra performance hit.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
            I'm not a fan of dell. My friends family for some reason ALWAYS buys dells and they never have good luck with them. His parents have gone through at least 3 dell desktops, his sister 2, and his brother 1 maybe 2 laptops all in the same span that I have had my HP. He has had his laptop for a few years and it seems to be doing okay. They run for 2 maybe 3 years then things start failing and they end up buying another one. I may just take better care of mine then they do tho.

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
            my alienware that I used to run went well. That was before dell bought them though. Not sure the quality level. How much would you spend on a new computer is the question.
            Ya alienware is surely out of my price range. I'm not sure how they are now that dell bought them, but I know they are still not cheap. My price range is limited unfortunately. I spent $1200 with this HP buying the tower and some upgrades, but I'm not looking to spend that this time. I'm hopping to get something decent in the $500-$600 price range. Will probably end up in the range of like $700ish tho. That's why I was looking into the Ibuypowers and Cyberpowers. You can get something decent cheap, but you just have to hope you don't end up with a lemon.
            Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
            BF4: Awesome FK
            Steam ID: henry06x
            Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
            X henry06x

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
              BF4 is using the same engine as BF3 so there shouldn't be too much of an extra performance hit.
              Eh... they've been bragging about their new Frostbite 3 engine... BF3 was on Frostbite 2.0

I agree however, they are very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                Eh... they've been bragging about their new Frostbite 3 engine... BF3 was on Frostbite 2.0

I agree however, they are very similar.
                Really? Could have sworn this was running the same engine.

Comment

Really? Could have sworn this was running the same engine.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9yVV6g3q7g

Comment

This is a $700 system right now from Digital Storm. Frankly I don't know much about the systems so others will comment.
                    - NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB
                    - Intel Core i3 3220 CPU
                    - 8GB 1600MHz Memory
                    - 500GB 7200RPM HDD
                    - ASUS H61 Chipset Motherboard
                    - 430W Corsair CX Power Supply
                    - DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
                    - Microsoft Windows 7

this is the $800 system
                    - NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB
                    - Intel Core i3 3220 CPU
                    - 8GB 1600MHz Memory
                    - 1TB 7200RPM HDD
                    - ASUS H61 Chipset Motherboard
                    - 430W Corsair CX Power Supply
                    - DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
                    - Microsoft Windows 7

Comment

get your own parts from a local pc shop and slap that stuff together YOUR self.....you have one pluse to your side you already have the case ....buy some parts save some money ...buy some parts save some money....pretty soon you have the parts then you put it together and WIN is all yours

Comment

It's all about the Benjamins. Save up dude and get some good stuff. If you try to go cheap, you'll be frustrated trying to play games with low resolution because of a cheap GPU, and a CPU that might be bogged down. You can thank me later.

Oh, and dont buy any thing from Ibuy or the other one. You'd be better off with an high end HP from Sam's before those things. At least they warranty their stuff and you can get hold of customer service.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

if you have any computer knowledge, I would recommend building your own. The guys here will help with any questions you have, and building a system is really not that hard. It will save you a lot of money, and you won't have all that extra bs installed...
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            if you have any computer knowledge, I would recommend building your own. The guys here will help with any questions you have, and building a system is really not that hard. It will save you a lot of money, and you won't have all that extra bs installed...
                            I still suggest this also. It's also a very fulfilling feeling when it boots up first time.

Comment

I still suggest this also. It's also a very fulfilling feeling when it boots up first time.
                              How's it feel when it doesn't?
                              I already know the answer.
                              I enjoy never calling a tech support hotline.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                                How's it feel when it doesn't?
                                I already know the answer.
                                I enjoy never calling a tech support hotline.
                                Never had that happen with any PC I've ever built lol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X