Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!IMPORTANT! Login Failures read or you may lose access to Cain's totally!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol prob not, just stuff it in a brown sock and write haggis on it
    It will work

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Customs is not a problem (here or there). Pies can be shipped to UK, but I'm not paying for overnight.

Comment

Plus it would have to be frozen. We saw what the fed ex drivers do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
          I'm not kidding XD

If you 'forget' your password or you miss type 5 times you know the system will lock your account as a precaution...

If you get to 4 failures, please STOP!!!

STOP

if you trigger that 5th time, the server will add you to a special list...
          this special list will block you from viewing any of our sites.

So if you typo your password 5 times you will be locked out...
          I'm adjusting the email it sends with info on how to get unblocked but please PLEASE remmeber this

5 failures = IP ban from the servers!
          So is the email I got saying someone tried to log in from a Russian IP 5 times a result of this, or is this being done in reaction to the recent attempts. It is definitely wise to do. We have a HIPAA compliant web portal at work and it actually locks out the user ID itself after 5 (not just the IP in case they have a bunch of em)...

Comment

I'm in so many lists now... Still trying to get rid of my name off the sex offenders' list.

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
              So is the email I got saying someone tried to log in from a Russian IP 5 times a result of this, or is this being done in reaction to the recent attempts. It is definitely wise to do. We have a HIPAA compliant web portal at work and it actually locks out the user ID itself after 5 (not just the IP in case they have a bunch of em)...
              Occasionally we get hit by a bunch of bots trying usernames and passwords.
              The russian range involved is blocked from accessing the site so no worries for there.
              Was a few ips and members with emails this time.

The new stuff is there to help deal with these guys quicker.
              It does a little more that lock the ip from logging in its fair to say.

In these cases locking just the usernames not very effective, they come back eventually.
              Usually they are trying 2-3 at a time on the same ip, these aint attack bots.
              Just plain old spam bots trying to get lucky.

Comment

I got an email the other day saying I had failed log-ins even tho I had not tried to access the site in a few days. I also have my username and password save on my iPhone, laptop, and desktop...........
                Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
                BF4: Awesome FK
                Steam ID: henry06x
                Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
                X henry06x

Comment

If you type your password wrong 5 times, maybe you deserve to be banned for being a dummy
                  [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                    Occasionally we get hit by a bunch of bots trying usernames and passwords.
                    The russian range involved is blocked from accessing the site so no worries for there.
                    Was a few ips and members with emails this time.

The new stuff is there to help deal with these guys quicker.
                    It does a little more that lock the ip from logging in its fair to say.

In these cases locking just the usernames not very effective, they come back eventually.
                    Usually they are trying 2-3 at a time on the same ip, these aint attack bots.
                    Just plain old spam bots trying to get lucky.
                    On my home firewall (pfSense) I use lists from www.iblocklist.com that auto-update every 4 hours to block IP's... So I block countries and known spammers on my main connection, and my backup which I mainly use for filesharing blocks corporate networks... Are you able to implement something like this on the webserver or even forum level to automatically update the IP bans based on lists like that?

Comment

I can, i pull data like that from a few already, but im try to not blind import hehe
                      Ill have a looksee at that one, ta for the link

Comment

Does this have anything to do with me listening to Tyler Swift music coming from the server? And then another person said he got a pop up survey ad IN GAME. I think you guys are compromised.

Comment

I actually had a notice this week that somebody tried to login to my account here 5 times and it locked them out. I'm glad it did because it was not me that did it.
                          I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X