Trolling and TK'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolling and TK'ers

Yet again, another full day of TK'er and group trolling. The funny thing is when you ask them why they keep doing it they say "Why not, you have no admins"

I would give you a list of names but thats not the point. The point is that you have a top ranked server with NO ADMINS active. The only "Active" admin you have is Apache but he only plays at night time. Right now we have 2 active trollers with 1 TK'er who #1 leaves before we can kick him and #2 only wounds you until you are at less than 10hp. This has been all day today, and all day yesterday. Hamster and I have been trying to stay on top of it, but there is only so much we can do with Vote Kick. Its actually kind of laughable when we keep kicking the same players all day and nothing happens.

Just throwing out a suggestion here, I have no idea how you guys work with admin privileges, but you should reconsider adding, i don't , lets say 10 admins. This will fully keep the server up and will stop you from losing your player base.

Shit, yesterday a number of vote kicks on spawn fb's, N* bomb droppers, and general asshats failed due to "We can't kick, they're the best player on the team" and "N* doesn't count as a racial slur if you're being friendly when you use that." A number of regulars were included in this, including a guy in the top ten on the server.

Comment

YOLLOWSWAG Coffieworld was just tking in spawn because "everyone else is doing it" Then we kicked him he said "Sorry I am high" and continued...

Comment

"Active admins" is a dead horse. There are roughly 15 or so admins in this community. They are not easily chosen because it's not taken lightly. On CSGO, there aren't that many active admins either because not all admins play the game. You can't expect a server to be admin'd at all times. Don't ask for more admins, we've gone through this before and when you hand power to too many people, you end up with chaos. So, if someone is annoying enough, vote kick them. If they don't get vote kicked, then maybe they didn't deserve it. Otherwise, drop a report over here with evidence or another person to back you up.

Again, you have no idea how seriously Cain takes the admin process. Trust me, there are less requirements if you apply to an hourly position at Best Buy.

And finally, I'd like to point out that it is a top rated, top ranked server for a reason. There is no admin abuse and will probably never be. Everyone is very understanding.

Comment

KP is correct. Admin abuse can be worse than player abuse. There have been a few instances of admin abuse over the years. Those admins were quickly removed and banned. Cain does take the his servers very seriously. Over the years he has had many servers that have been ranked #1 in the world. Admining lightly is much better than a heavy admin presence. I have seen the results of heavy handed admining and it is not pretty. As Phantom said. Attempt to vote kick them and also report them here. They will be investigated. Name and steamed are a must. When I get home and see a message that someone is causing problems I can do nothing about it unless I have a name and steamed. Steamid is easy to get just type status in console and use copy and paste.
          I am not around as much as I would like to be too. I own my own business and work long hours. There is also paperwork and other things (wife) that take up my time.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

There are only about 1 or 2 people that actually message me when there is a problem. I can always review chat logs (but not voice). Yes, I do not play as much as I used to, but hat is how it goes.
            Like some others have said, you can't have an admin on at all times. It's also not good to get ban happy.
            [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Again, you have no idea how seriously Cain takes the admin process. Trust me, there are less requirements if you apply to an hourly position at Best Buy.
              I was under the impression that Best Buy just required you to have a pulse.

Comment

Phantom you completely missed what was typed from both myself and hamster. We do vote kick and they come back. You do not have limitations on how many times people can get kicked out before they need a "time out". 2nd, like today, they had over 50% of the server in lock down (10+ players) vote kicking the "good" players, tking, and every other troll method in between. 3rd your tk system allows for the player to team wound as much as they want. Given that they do not kill the player.

God knows I don't want this admin power since obviously you look at minimal server management as "power whores".

Apache I completely agree. I have been managing a 150+ clan for 6 years and i know how admin abuse can ruin a community. That's why I have always know the people i give powers to. Every game we operate in, we have several designated members that play in different time zone. Most the time our college crew run's weekends and days, while the older crew run the night.

No one here is asking you to start handing out applications, this is your users asking for help within the server. I will keep playing here, but I can guarantee that myself and a larger portion of this community is not going to want to quite our game, take screen shots, and copy / past every freaking time your server gets hijacked by server clearing. This is why you have admins. Not admin to kick when someone is running their mouth, not when players are team stacking, not when one guy accidentally tks 3 of his players. I am saying have some people you trust that play the game on a regular basis to keep the server from being bombed.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  And finally, I'd like to point out that it is a top rated, top ranked server for a reason. There is no admin abuse and will probably never be. Everyone is very understanding.
                  In principle. I can understand/agree with you. I've stopped playing on servers due to abusive admins. I think everyone has run into servers where there's two standards of behavior; one for admins and their friends and one for everyone else.

But being so fearful of bad admins that you effectively have no admins and there's a constant string of bad behavior by regulars and random dongs isn't the answer either.

Thankfully, CS:GO has no where near the hacking problem that previous versions have had, so the need for active admins is much, much lower.

Comment

I'm sorry that I wasn't around to assist this weekend, Mr. Rogers. I was on vacation with my wife and kids at a theme park. You know, or at least I think you know, that you are always welcome to message me directly if there is an ongoing problem. I have never shied away from being available to come in game and monitor a situation. And I regularly check logs, almost to the annoyance of the other admin (you can ask them how much of a log spy I am.) I am probably also one of the least tolerant admins when it comes to behavior and language, but I also swore to Cain when I agreed to take on this responsibility that admin actions would be a last resort. For the most part, I encourage players to take matters into their own hands, and only call for help if things are out of control.

There was a problem this weekend. The server was not connected to the stats page, and it made it difficult to control a couple rogue players, but the situation has been fixed and those players will not be coming back. One thing you can rely on is that even if we can't handle a situation immediately, it *will* get resolved eventually, and the people causing the problem will not be getting to play here anymore.

Comment

omg HOW DARE YOU GO ON A LOVELY VACATION AND ENJOY YOUR SELF ....THIS SERVER DOSENT RUN ITS SELF lawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X