BF4 System requirements..who's ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF4 System requirements..who's ready?

Simple question, who here meets the recommended specs right off the bat?

I got my AMD 6 Core 1090T with 8GB RAM ready and seeing as it need a must 3GB of VRam. Not worry but is gonna cost me.
    and i doubt i will upgrade my OS to windows8
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

2600k and SLI 580s superclocked? Yeah, bring this tiny game on.

(But I bet it won't run as well as it should)

Comment

oh shit barely make minimum graphics cards

Comment

there should be a box that you can just plug in that has its own cooling and all for cards that way you can keep the heat out of the rig ...cool story bro....yeah its ready im ready BOAT action

Comment

30 GB! 30!

Origin had better have their house in order and a) allow pre-loads and b) not have some stupid zero-day patch that requires a full download.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
            ... and b) not have some stupid zero-day patch that requires a full download.

-Rand
            My bet is on a huge zero day "patch". If they deliver VOIP, I'll forgive the download.

Comment

After looking at the video card + Video ram needed, I can say that No. My Body (or PC) is not ready.

Comment

The download for beta is on the 29th. At 4am on the 1st you can play EST.

Comment

Win 8 x64
                  Core I7 3930K
                  16GB RAM
                  GTX 780 (3GB RAM)
                  Samsumg 840 Pro SSD

All of this is ONLY for BF4. I have never built a new computer for an eagerly awaited game, always just upgrading the mobo/cpu and gpu seperately over time. This is the first game I decided to treat myself for. After being so pleasantly hopeful with the jump BF3 made back much closer to the Battlefield series after BC2, I felt obligated. Upgraded from Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition/16 GB RAM/2x 570's in SLI. I now get around 2X the frames I did in BF3 previous depending on the scene (and often more) and the SSD does wonders for load times.

To quote the Beastie Boys:

I have never been more ready in my entire life
                  To do this right now.

Comment

You lost me at Win8

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
                      You lost me at Win8
                      I work in IT and used the RC of Win7 for a year before it came out to familiarize myself with it. I did not do the same thing due to my hatred of Win 8, but unfortunately I need to be familiar with it's nuances (meaning: the things that were hidden from the user in Win7 were outright removed in Win 8 )... So I bit the bullet because I can't fall FURTHER behind the curve in my business.

Plus, the older the OS, the less DirectX features you have support for - since I needed a Windows license for this PC, I wanted to future-proof it so I wouldn't need to buy a WIn7 license now and a Win8 license when there are graphical features that I really want support for in a year or 2.

Comment

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
                        AMD FX 8350 oc'd to 4.5ghz
                        16GB RAM Patriots
                        Currently running Radeon 6970 2gb, but just ordered a sapphire vapor 6990 6gb. hopefully it arrives by SAT!.
                        Samsumg 840 Pro SSD 120gb

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
                          After being so pleasantly hopeful with the jump BF3 made back much closer to the Battlefield series after BC2, I felt obligated.
                          This is surprising. You may be one of the very few who felt BF3 was a good/better game than what came before. A lot of us were really disappointed with it, which is why there is so much BF2 nostalgia floating around in here.

It wasn't the same level of disappointment folks felt about UT3 vs. UT2k4, but it was up there.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                            This is surprising. You may be one of the very few who felt BF3 was a good/better game than what came before. A lot of us were really disappointed with it, which is why there is so much BF2 nostalgia floating around in here.

It wasn't the same level of disappointment folks felt about UT3 vs. UT2k4, but it was up there.

-Rand
                            I know I know, I am always in the minority when I say that - but don't you think BF3 was closer to BF2 than BC2 was? BC2 felt much more handicapped/smaller scale/less in depth than BF3 or BF2. My other 'book' of a post explained how I felt about that - after the Bad Company series I thought we would never get a return to true BF, but the non-Metroish maps in BF3 were a step in the right direction (back from the Bad Company series). And they have the smaller scale stuff to keep your skills sharp killing COD heads when not running with a squad (conquest is my favorite mode but I have no desire to play it unless I am in TS with my squadmates communicating - not fun pubbing by yourself).

Comment

Even though my rig basically gets around with a walker with tennis balls on the legs it meets min specs for the game which translates as "not really". With BF3 the game runs ok but the load times are crazy. By the time I get the game running there are always guys with 3 kills. I hate to say it but a new pc isn't in the cards right now and I don't think I want to deal with the frustration of a game that barely runs.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X