No announcement yet.

BF4 System requirements..who's ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look to be good apart from VRAM. Just means I'll run textures at Very High instead of Ultra (BF3 setting).

The minimum CPU is a joke though. My Core2 at 3Ghz struggled with BF3 and I doubt this will be any less taxing on the CPU side.

Comment

My 2x5850's feel old when I see 3GB.

Arma 3 is starting to grow old as the quality of play is so hit and miss. BF4 seems like a good time to get back to the Lair.
      Seems like a new BF game comes out right when I am about to do something that will prevent me from playing. I will be able to play until Jan, then probably not.
      Motivate

Comment

Hell yeah, whose specs doesn't meet that. Just ordered the motherboard to complete my 8 core AMD 4.2 mghz, GTX 660 TI. I don't care about Win 8, Win 7 on 64 bit will be better anyway.

A zero day patch for VOIP will be forgivable IMO. I just hope they have full in-game VOIP lik ein BF2, so the commander has a channel to SL's and SL's to their guys, etc. NOt that horrible thing Bf3 had with origin. I don't think it will be a 30 GB game, but I might be wrong. THese new Graphics and Frostbite engine might just require an extensive download. I don't see why the minimum require is a GTX660. I had a 550TI for BF3 and it ran as smooth as melted butter, even when I was using FRAPS for recording.

The CPU is definiately where I would prioritize though. A great CPU counters a mediocre GFX card in most cases... except for ARMA III, then go all the way with everything.

I suspect this game will be much better than BF3 simply by adding the commander mode back in (assuming SL's actually listen) and I think this year they might have a chance of outselling COD, which is on a very slippery downward slope IMO. COD is a year behind in their MP destructable enviroments, so I see effects from BF3 being put into Ghost, and BF4 having a huge upper hand in extra partical effects and rubble piles.

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
          My 2x5850's feel old when I see 3GB.

Arma 3 is starting to grow old as the quality of play is so hit and miss. BF4 seems like a good time to get back to the Lair.
          Seems like a new BF game comes out right when I am about to do something that will prevent me from playing. I will be able to play until Jan, then probably not.
          BTW... I feel ya about ARMA III, just a little disappointed with it right now, and BF4 looks like it might just be realistic enough to make me try something called tactics. I love the vid showing how you can flood the city streets by blowing up a levi, or put a building in the dark by shooting the fuze boxes... First time anyone has ever tried that kind of interactive enviroment in a MP game.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X