No announcement yet.

BF4 System requirements..who's ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look to be good apart from VRAM. Just means I'll run textures at Very High instead of Ultra (BF3 setting).

The minimum CPU is a joke though. My Core2 at 3Ghz struggled with BF3 and I doubt this will be any less taxing on the CPU side.

Comment

My 2x5850's feel old when I see 3GB.

Arma 3 is starting to grow old as the quality of play is so hit and miss. BF4 seems like a good time to get back to the Lair.
      Seems like a new BF game comes out right when I am about to do something that will prevent me from playing. I will be able to play until Jan, then probably not.
      Motivate

Comment

Hell yeah, whose specs doesn't meet that. Just ordered the motherboard to complete my 8 core AMD 4.2 mghz, GTX 660 TI. I don't care about Win 8, Win 7 on 64 bit will be better anyway.

A zero day patch for VOIP will be forgivable IMO. I just hope they have full in-game VOIP lik ein BF2, so the commander has a channel to SL's and SL's to their guys, etc. NOt that horrible thing Bf3 had with origin. I don't think it will be a 30 GB game, but I might be wrong. THese new Graphics and Frostbite engine might just require an extensive download. I don't see why the minimum require is a GTX660. I had a 550TI for BF3 and it ran as smooth as melted butter, even when I was using FRAPS for recording.

The CPU is definiately where I would prioritize though. A great CPU counters a mediocre GFX card in most cases... except for ARMA III, then go all the way with everything.

I suspect this game will be much better than BF3 simply by adding the commander mode back in (assuming SL's actually listen) and I think this year they might have a chance of outselling COD, which is on a very slippery downward slope IMO. COD is a year behind in their MP destructable enviroments, so I see effects from BF3 being put into Ghost, and BF4 having a huge upper hand in extra partical effects and rubble piles.

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
          My 2x5850's feel old when I see 3GB.

Arma 3 is starting to grow old as the quality of play is so hit and miss. BF4 seems like a good time to get back to the Lair.
          Seems like a new BF game comes out right when I am about to do something that will prevent me from playing. I will be able to play until Jan, then probably not.
          BTW... I feel ya about ARMA III, just a little disappointed with it right now, and BF4 looks like it might just be realistic enough to make me try something called tactics. I love the vid showing how you can flood the city streets by blowing up a levi, or put a building in the dark by shooting the fuze boxes... First time anyone has ever tried that kind of interactive enviroment in a MP game.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X