No announcement yet.

Water cooling??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no "proper" way when setting up the fans on your radiator. It's all about figuring out if pulling air in has benefits for you over pulling air out. If pulling in, you then have to factor in dust intake if the case you're using has no filters where the radiator has been installed. Then choosing pull or push for where the dust settles and how easy it is to pull radiator apart and clean.

I'm pushing air through mine and exhausting it out of the top of my case. This helps my case stay as dust free as possible, however this is probably giving me worse temps. But at the end of the day I'm not going to have sleepless nights over 1-3c.

Comment

Why won't people keep up with simple physics. Hot air goes uppy uppy and colder stays downy downy. Why on earth would you pull air from the top, let it circulate in your case, and let it out through the front/back? You take in air from the Front/side and you let it out through the top/back. The simplest is the best.

And spend a bit more money on some silent vertex fans to do push pull, they look great and sound like a prison inmate's fart after a day in the showers.

Comment

1 word answer KP??

Dust

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          1 word answer KP??

Dust
          Dust? Where do you live? The Sahara Desert? That's minimal. Dust shouldn't effect you all that much.

Are you saying pulling air from the top gets you more dust? The more air you pull in, the more dust you get. Doesn't matter which direction.

Comment

if someone kept a computer on the floor or an area that wasn't cleaned you could get more dust.
            That is the one reason I don't put my computer on the floor. I would have a lot of carpet fibers in my computer then.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              if someone kept a computer on the floor or an area that wasn't cleaned you could get more dust.
              That is the one reason I don't put my computer on the floor. I would have a lot of carpet fibers in my computer then.
              I have it on the floor. If that's the case then I would have noticed a difference. I don't have a bottom fan. (Am I contradicting everyone today?)

Comment

My Case has a dust filter in the top.

Drawing all air into the case through filters AND having positive pressure inside the case will significantly lower the dust inside my case.

Comment

Mine has filters on the bottom vent(under the PSU) and on the front then draws air up. Either way you saw the magnetic filters you can add to your computer.
                  After what 2 years I have almost NO dust on the inside. I think I clean it out every 5 months with a cloth.

I would also ask where you will put the computer cain. I guess if you are keeping it in a cabinet or specific area one type of pull or push might be better.

KP
                  You still have more dust on the floor and carpet fibers(if it is on carpet).

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    My Case has a dust filter in the top.

Drawing all air into the case through filters AND having positive pressure inside the case will significantly lower the dust inside my case.
                    That it would.

If my case had a filter for the top fan mount's I'd be pulling air in too. But sadly it does not. Really need to get one picked up from Demciflex.

Comment

I have one word for those of you worried about dust.......................
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

There's plenty of Closep Loop Water Kits. Most are literally just as simple as installing a heatsink. Nothing special, plug things in, thermal grease, screw on. Win.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X