X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have to change my sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

With respect to other servers if our friends at the Potsmoker's Lounge are still running a server, I can recommend them, they are good people, and it should be a similar experience to what you found here.
      They can't be that good of a people; no ff and don't of warnings on language? Chill server?

Comment

Good times!
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Well I created an account just so I could find this information out. I must say I am saddened by this turn of events. I had finally found a good CS:GO server I could hang out on and enjoy playing with people.

I honestly didn't plan on buying BF4, mostly because to me BF3 was so bad to me. This is coming from someone that has played the BF series since 1942 and played all of the versions between. I joined a clan because I was spending so much time on their BF1942 server.

So I will have to see if I get BF4 or not, if so I will look for the Cain's Lair server.

Thanks for all the fish and so long.

Haven.

Comment

Haven,
            Glad you finally got here. Come and join on me in the BF4 servers for the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnut View Post
              guess what,

I'm much better at bf4 than at cs:go
              hueheuhuaehuaheheaueuaheuahUHAEUEHAUGUAUWAHUHWUHAH AHUEAHUHAHAHAHA

I broke the top10 in rankings just before it went down so I guess that's cool.

Have a nice life guys, I probably won't be playing in your servers much since my circle of bf buds are running our own.
              Nooooooooooooooooo! Don't leave me, Dreadnut!!

--

Regarding CS:GO though... I gotta say in the last 3 months or so it was seriously taking a turn for the worse. So, BF4 really does seem like a better choice because of it.

Also, I haven't played BF since Vietnam so I don't know how I'm gonna be, but BF4 looks fun! (...once I round up enough quarters to buy it, ofcourse)

Comment

Originally posted by Haven View Post
                Well I created an account just so I could find this information out. I must say I am saddened by this turn of events. I had finally found a good CS:GO server I could hang out on and enjoy playing with people.

I honestly didn't plan on buying BF4, mostly because to me BF3 was so bad to me. This is coming from someone that has played the BF series since 1942 and played all of the versions between. I joined a clan because I was spending so much time on their BF1942 server.

So I will have to see if I get BF4 or not, if so I will look for the Cain's Lair server.

Thanks for all the fish and so long.

Haven.
                Sorry Haven. Two things killed off the CSGO server:

1) It long ago ran out of money, the donations to pay for it dried up months ago; and,
                2) Most of our long time regulars play primarily BF games.

I probably would have kept the server going if it was attracting enough donations to keep it going, but it did not, and I got tired of paying out of my pocket for a game I was not playing (it cost about 50 bucks per month).

We like to think our servers and our Community has the best folks, the best maps, the best server settings, the best quality servers, so I am sad to hear folks will be missing our CSGO server, but it was time for us to move along.

Take care, and thanks for stopping by, perhaps give BF4 a shot while you can test it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  Sorry Haven. Two things killed off the CSGO server:

1) It long ago ran out of money, the donations to pay for it dried up months ago; and
                  Ever consider posting on the server/forums a request for more donations...?

Comment

Um there is a nice size banner on the forums here that says donations.

Comment

Yup and there is plenty of links in sigs and in the header.
                      Plus no offence but if people donated now cos they had to, to keep the server.
                      Whats to say in 2mths or less that this will be topic again, cos its just those left that want too donate, chipping in.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Servers are always asking for money on their forums. There's a line between "if we don't get this amount of money per month we're shutting down" and the constant always give money.

Especially if you're at the point of "give money or we shut down."

Besides of which, the bar as always been full as long as I've been regged here / playing, so I never considered it a pressing issue. It's not that there aren't enough donations coming in. There's just been little effort to get it in from the CS players and as Cain said, he doesn't want to spend money for a game he doesn't play.

Comment

I guess the question is do we want to shove it in peoples face? In some cases people really just don't have money though spend plenty of time helping the server instead.

Comment

Oh, I agree that perma-begging servers can be annoying. But if it's going to be solely a budgetary reason, then it would be nice at least to let the population of a decently busy server know beforehand. Like I said earlier, I never donated before because in the short time I've been here the bar is generally always full.

But $50 bucks a month? Hell, that's like.... Three days alcohol budget for me.

But this isn't about money. It's because the crab person who's replaced Cain doesn't play CS.

Comment

Well I will be joing the Cains lair BF4 server when the game comes out... so long as it is NOT hardcore mode OR 24/7 [mapname]... And as I have seen from cains lair servers that probably won't be the case...

THe CSGO server will definately be missed, but TBH after leaving the server to pursue a competitive relationship in CSGO I realize that CSGO has many many problems that only the CLR server kept out because of the tight community, so I'll be dropping back to CS:S and 1.6 anyway.

Comment

I just want to Thank John Cain and the Friends of Cains Lair for an outstanding job on there CSGO Community. I myself have always enjoyed your servers and the relaxed and fun environment that you guys have expressed to everyone.

It's unfortunate that you had to close your server as I was a big fan of CLR. Unfortunately I guess the time comes for everybody.

I know this thread was a couple months ago but I just wanted to send my Thanks to all of you guys on behalf of The PotsmokersLounge Community for giving us all the opportunity in being friends with one of very few enjoyable Communities in CSGO.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! To you and your Families!

When it's our turn maybe we will meet you all in BF!

Pe@ce

GodfatheR
                                www.potsmokerslounge.net

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X