No announcement yet.

Rand's Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been able to connect... stuck with "unable to connect to EA server"s or black/blank/perpetual loading. Perhaps I will have more time to investigate today.

Comment

the tanks will have multiple shells obviously, the one they stick you with is AP. intentional?

Comment

I love the little splash damage tanks have right now. Last night I must've shot three shells against one soldier who just laid down in the rubble but I kept missing. Then I switched to HMG and killed him.

What is annoying right now is the high health of choppers. No more one-shot rpg kills. But I love that RPGs follow recon spotting. That was a great change by DICE and I hope it sticks.
        [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

I am not sure but I think they upped the rpg damage already. I was able to take down a tank with 2 hits. Might have placed it just so.. Can't tell at the distance.
          The shot was like 50 points and 45 for mobility.

Comment

RPGs have been a two hit kill from the rear and top since the start of the beta.

Especially annoying when you consider the first hit usually immobilizes your tank and you can't move to avoid the follow-up.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
              I love the little splash damage tanks have right now. Last night I must've shot three shells against one soldier who just laid down in the rubble but I kept missing. Then I switched to HMG and killed him.

What is annoying right now is the high health of choppers. No more one-shot rpg kills. But I love that RPGs follow recon spotting. That was a great change by DICE and I hope it sticks.
              They did talk about how they are trying to balance the tanks with the 5 rounds (that do regenerate) and limiting them to armor piercing shells out of the gate with low splash damage to force tanks to use their secondary machine gun or the gunner in 2nd seat against infantry, versus them wasting their tank rounds on infantry then need them to kill enemy armor.

It is a big jump from previous BF games but they are trying to prevent the situation where (and we have all done this) you just wheel a tank back and forth blasting every wall, doorway, and alcove around you effectively creating a buffer zone between you and the enemy.

Comment

It's a bad design decision if it's fully conscious. It ends up forcing experienced tankers into using the same loadouts, so it runs completely counter to their continued insistence on massive customization. We don't yet know if HE will be any good against armor. In real life it's not. If they mimic that path with AP and HE (sabot against tanks, HEAT against everything else), then what every tanker will be running is AP rounds, coax to deal with infantry, turret MG to deal with infantry, and reactive armor.

There won't be any variation from that loadout, and it is not the loadout I would necessarily choose if tank rounds did splash damage. It also means that, all things remaining as they are now, it will be nearly impossible for any single tank to kill any other single tank. Add low damage potential, small shell counts, and reactive armor and you may not even need a guy repairing you to stay alive in a 1v1 battle.

Right now they aren't even accounting for kinetics. Even a HEAT round would likely kill anyone within 3-5 feet of its impact zone from sheer kinetic force and the concussive air around its passage. The focus of HEAT is the blast of flaming metal at the impact point but physics brings with it more oomph.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Anyone else notice the proximity senors don't seem to do anything.

Comment

I put a tank shell right between a guys legs the other night and he just kept running.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Things I wish they would change for Squad Play.
                      1 Six per Squad instead of 5
                      2 Ability to change the name of the squad
                      BF2 squad organization was the best.
                      Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I jumped into a server and asked a guy to set an attack point. Normal to me. He says " don't tell me what to do". So I left.

Though I did work well in a 2 person squad and should have someone coming to the lair in the future.

Comment

Battlelog crashed twice while in game a little while ago.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I may try again tomorrow since this happened at the end of a round and I'm going out tonight, but last night I took a tank down into the subway on the ramp created by c4-ing the supports from beneath.

It would help if some of you were with me and we tried to do this earlier in a round. I got to the bottom right as the round ended, but far enough that I think I cleared the rubble. I think there's a good chance a tank can get in and just sit in the Metro station. If so, this is something that likely should actually change with Shanghai's design. I think there's an equally good chance a tank can find a nice spot down there where the driver and gunner can watch all approaches and be pretty safe from enemy attack, which means it's going to dominate the control point. Anyone willing to do that in a round is going to have a heck of a sweet position if it's possible.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                              I think there's a good chance a tank can get in and just sit in the Metro station.

-Rand
                              A tank did this two nights ago. Went in through the collapsed rubble and sat himself in the point (B). The stairways give too much of an advantage to engineers for tanks to avoid. You go in there and you are nothing more than a trapped rat.
                              [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

I drove down the one set of stairs and came out the other opposite stair . It is possible.
                                If you get in you can only come out the stairs near that lead to C.

Though the main gun sucks so much I wouldn't want to be down there. An APC would be better.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X