Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cain's October 2013 BF4 Computer (Currently 2020 James' Computer)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    In 5 years, who knows??????
    We'll be DDR4 by then.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      We'll be DDR4 by then.
      I want DDR5! Why does my graphics card have DDR5 but we're still sitting on DDR3. Are they really that different? Apparently, I don't know anything about ram (I don't).

Comment

I just sort of sit here weeping. The SSD or the Video Card alone amount to half the cost of my current set-up, which does a fairly good job on BF4 most of the time.

You should do well Cain, but man, I'm jeally. Probably more so for the SSD than for that monster of a video card.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          I just sort of sit here weeping. The SSD or the Video Card alone amount to half the cost of my current set-up, which does a fairly good job on BF4 most of the time.

You should do well Cain, but man, I'm jeally. Probably more so for the SSD than for that monster of a video card.

-Rand
          If the above spec was mine some of the parts would be in the 'I can afford it so I'll buy it' category. The 1TB SSD being a prime example hehe. I see it as unnecessary, however Cain must not.

Comment

I can't play the BETA... so its time to upgrade... will post

And CAIN has issues with the BETA, so nothing is perfect... lol
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain has had issues since BF3....well at least computer issues

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                Cain has had issues since BF3....well at least computer issues
                100% correct. I was never able to play BF3 very well. While building the last PC money was very tight as I was starting my Company.

This time I'm building a PC I know damn well should chew this game up and spit it out!!

Juneau I'm probably gonna drop back to a 750G SSD, I am tired of running out of space on my 275G current primary HD, but 1G may be a little large.

Comment

Why not run both an SSD and a normal hard drive. Put your boot up main programs on the SSD. Keep your files like videos/pictures that you want to save for future on the normal hard drive.

Comment

Juneau I'm probably gonna drop back to a 750G SSD, I am tired of running out of space on my 275G current primary HD, but 1G may be a little large.

I run:

1x 120GB SSD for OS, Apps that load with OS, Apps that benefit greatly (BF4)
                    1x 1TB HDD for All other apps and games. Most games don't actually benefit being on a SSD due to the large filesizes.
                    1x 1TB HDD for media.

Soon:

1x 2Bay NAS with 2x 3TB WD Reds.

Comment

I'm similar to Juneau. I'm running a 120 GB SSD for my OS only, and whatever limited stuff installs with the OS. I've got about 37 GB free so that should give me room to stick BF4 on it.

RAID 1 mirror with twin 1TB HDD for my apps and games, media, Win user directory, etc.
                      Backup 1TB HDD for even more redundancy.

I've lost 3 HDDs in my computing life. I'm BIG on redundancy as a result. I've got two external HDDs at home, one is a 1TB that I copy major files to once every few months. Given more funds I'd buy a 1TB My Passport drive, back up EVERYTHING I care about, and leave it in my safe deposit box. I'm protected now against drive failure but not against fire.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

37GB might be cutting it close when you start to add patches and expansions on. That and the fact you're supposed to leave about 10% of an SSD empty.

I currently have 47GB free on my SSD and I have quite a lot of stuff installed on there. Think it's time you browsed the add/remove programs section of control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                          37GB might be cutting it close when you start to add patches and expansions on. That and the fact you're supposed to leave about 10% of an SSD empty.

I currently have 47GB free on my SSD and I have quite a lot of stuff installed on there. Think it's time you browsed the add/remove programs section of control panel.
                          I've run windirstat once already and cleared up some stuff. I'll get more detailed oriented for a clean-out as the month comes to a close.

-Rand

Comment

Yep, just not sure which brand/model to get yet - or speed.

If you want to overclock your cpu later, you should get higher speeds, i.e. 2133 DDR3 or higher depending on what your board can use.

Brand is a question of personal taste.
                            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Finishing it up today, I need to finish the specs and post some pics.

Comment

Finishing it up today, I need to finish the specs and post some pics.
                                I was wondering why we haven't seen any pics yet, I thought it could be due to a messy wiring job.
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                  Apache...
                                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                                Working...
                                X