Fall cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall cleaning

Over the last eighteen months or so I haven't been too interested in my PC. Most of the time it has been used by Minis friends who have installed a bunch of crap on it. This week I'm taking it back by bumping up my memory and doing a fresh install on a new SSD. Today I spent a lot of time deleting crap and moving files in preparation for the Windows install. During this process I notices the filthy condition of my poor PC. It was so bad that my Dog had pissed on the front of it.

Here are a few pics

Dried Dog PISS!

The guilty party.

After a good cleaning.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

That is all I can say.
    Other then check your venting system for the house. It may need to be cleaned as well after all the construction dust

Comment

so that's how the inside of a pc looks like after 18months of collecting dust.

and a decent built too, Good to see it looks like a gaming rig once again!
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

What the hell... I opened up work PCs that haven't been cleaned in a decade and found less dust. There is something seriously wrong with that picture.

But that after photo looks amazing. You are an expert cleaner.

Comment

That is the dirtiest PC I have ever seen.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

After all the junk Mini and Friends have been installing, a fresh install of Windows on that SSD will definitely be welcome no doubt.

Comment

Dog looks like he's saying 'You no feed me treat, I piss on your glowing tower of noise AGAIN' !!

Threads like these are what make me happy I bought my expensive case with its plethora of dust filtered intake fans. My side fan, a 200mm, looked about as bad as the interior of his case (just doing its job) when I cleaned it last month.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I do have four filters in addition foam AC filter material in some spots, just imagine if I hadn't

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                  I do have four filters in addition foam AC filter material in some spots, just imagine if I hadn't
                  What case do you have? That level of dust in a case with filters is shocking!

Comment

i would think it is because of the construction on his house that a lot of it built up.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      What case do you have? That level of dust in a case with filters is shocking!
                      Antec 1200. I changed the fans so that it exhausts out the top and back, I have three intakes on the front as well as one on the sides. I spent time taping holes and even put some filter material around the mesh where the holes for the water hoses are. In one pic you can see where it had been pulled in somehow. Here is a pic of the filters.

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                      i would think it is because of the construction on his house that a lot of it built up.
                      This could definitely be part of it, I changed air filters every thirty days for a while, I still have a lot of dust in the house and with the forced air system it does circulate a bit. The computer are also right next to the cold air returns for the second floor so that make it worse.

It really comes down to my neglect thought, we have been in the house for eighteen months but it took months to build so it was probably more like two to three years since it got a good cleaning. It's doing quite well for an overclocked i7 actually, I wish women were as easy to take care of.

Comment

You should get someone to clean your duct work then. It should need a cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                          You should get someone to clean your duct work then. It should need a cleaning.
                          Stop blaming his AC unit. If his AC filters were the problem he would have as much dust in his lungs, and wouldn't be posting about this from a grave.

Comment

I had an Antec 900 for my previous build. It was horrible for dust buildup. My current system has intake filters, and it is much better.
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X