Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! With more new computer questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juneau View Post
    From what I've seen so far Digital Storm builds are using mostly current tech, and more importantly, branded hardware.

That link doesn't appear to be working for me. Just sends me here.

http://www.newegg.com/?FM=1
    They compared similar micro towers between the 4 companies and said that the digital storm was using 3rd generation Intel parts while the other 3 companies were using 4th generation and they were priced higher than two of them. The article did have something I have noticed that its hard to build a tower for the pricing at witch IbuyPower sells their custom builts. I have been using their website for some of my parts comparisons to help me keep track of what I need and such. I didnt have the time to read the section over Alienware, but wish I would have. They use to make some good stuff, and I'm sure still do, but were always highly priced. Be interesting to see if they still make a good product or if dell has changed them.

I tried posting that on my iPhone so it must have messed up the link
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1413476
    That set-up is very similar to the one I posted earlier I put together on Tiger Direct except its a complete DIY build kit and is about $200 cheaper.
    Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
    BF4: Awesome FK
    Steam ID: henry06x
    Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
    X henry06x

Comment

Originally posted by Henry06x View Post
      They compared similar micro towers between the 4 companies and said that the digital storm was using 3rd generation Intel parts while the other 3 companies were using 4th generation and they were priced higher than two of them. The article did have something I have noticed that its hard to build a tower for the pricing at witch IbuyPower sells their custom builts. I have been using their website for some of my parts comparisons to help me keep track of what I need and such. I didnt have the time to read the section over Alienware, but wish I would have. They use to make some good stuff, and I'm sure still do, but were always highly priced. Be interesting to see if they still make a good product or if dell has changed them.

I tried posting that on my iPhone so it must have messed up the link
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1413476
      That set-up is very similar to the one I posted earlier I put together on Tiger Direct except its a complete DIY build kit and is about $200 cheaper.
      Ibuypower uses a lot of poor, low end parts in their systems. If you then add bulk buying power on top of that, there's your answer as to why they can be so cheap.

That newegg bundle is pretty good. It is a pity the graphics card wasn't a little beefier though. Maybe a 6600ti. This bundle plus spending the savings on a better graphics card and selling the 660 would be a good route to go imo.

Comment

Henry,
        Are you confident enough to build your own? If so, this should be a good starting point on building your own system for various price points:
        http://www.maximumpc.com/build_pc_re...september_2013
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
          Henry,
          Are you confident enough to build your own? If so, this should be a good starting point on building your own system for various price points:
          http://www.maximumpc.com/build_pc_re...september_2013
          Never tried, but it doest sound super dificult after I looked into it a bit. I have swapped out some stuff in my old PC and I have a friend who has built and worked on his own so I'm sure he would help out if I need it.
          Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
          X henry06x

Comment

Originally posted by Henry06x View Post
            Never tried, but it doest sound super dificult after I looked into it a bit. I have swapped out some stuff in my old PC and I have a friend who has built and worked on his own so I'm sure he would help out if I need it.
            It is very easy. Just take your time and follow a guide if necessary.

Comment

Well everything is HERE! Assuming everything goes well and the server is not full I should be playing with you guys in a few hours!!!!
              X henry06x

Comment

Optimism & confidence is good!
                I recommend your immediate goal to be "take the time necessary to do everything right the first time".
                Server will still be running tomorrow.

Comment

IT WORKS!!!!! booted up first try even! Well sorta lol. I hit the power button the first time and nothing...... I sat there like WTF for a few minutes just not know what to do next. I then remembered that there was a power switch on the power supply so I flipped it on and it booted right on. Just finishing setting up all my drivers and everything now!

I do have to say snapping all the parts in place was not bad. Sitting there looking at all the wires tho... That was a little over whelming at first. Apparently I managed tho! lol.

Thanks to everyone here that helped me out with everything!

See you soon on the Battlefield!
                  X henry06x

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                    Optimism & confidence is good!
                    I recommend your immediate goal to be "take the time necessary to do everything right the first time".
                    Server will still be running tomorrow.
                    I try to enter everything with optimism and a positive attitude. Not saying I always do or am successful, but if you don't your setting yourself up for failure and to be miserable right from the start.
                    X henry06x

Comment

Congats.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That's good news.

If you need to change your Origin profile name, here's the link to instructions:
                        https://help.ea.com/article/change-your-origin-id

Comment

Great work getting the build up and running!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X