Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grisu's new PC is on the way...

Hello everyone!

Just ordered all the parts for my new PC, which should arrive in around a weeks time. It's never the right time to buy a PC, but I want to play BF4 with you guys. So it had to be done...

Some of you might be interested in what (for me) crazy stuff I did. Here's a quick overview:

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
    Board: Asus-Z87-Deluxe (C2)
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110
    RAM: 16GB-Kit Corsair Dominator Platinum, PC3-19200U @ CL10-12-12-31
    PSU: beQuiet Dark Power 10 750W
    GFX: MSI Geforce GTX 780 TwinFrozr
    CASE: Thermaltake Urban S71
    SDD: Intel DCS 3500, 240 GB
    HDD: WB Caviar Black, 3 TB

Hopefully I made the right choices. What do think?

Grisu

P.S. Where did you buy BF4? - I'll try to avoid the Origin store.
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Would you mind telling us what the total damage to your wallet was for all those parts Grisu? And I ordered from Origin, by the way. I didn't want to miss pre-load or a (crosses-fingers) early release.
    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

I did orgin because I was lazy. I will save money elsewhere, I hate shopping around sometimes and trying to find things like mexico orgin to get around laws.

Comment

That's a beast of a rig. I tip my hat off to you.

Comment

@Tuqui-tuqui:
          More than I probably should have, around 2.4K €. My wallet said "NO", But my evil heart said "YES".

@K PhaNTOM:
          Thanks. This rig will be used for video editing, coding, virtual machines and gaming. At first I wanted to go for a i7 4930K, but most of the boards are too outdated. I didn't want them for a new build.
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Some interesting choices.

Keep us updated with the build and don't forget the pics!

Comment

Top notch!

I like the case
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Nice looking rig.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Sadly, the RAM I chose isn't available atm at the store where I get all my parts. So I had to "downgrade" to this one:

RAM: Corsiar Vengeance Pro Silver 16 GB Kit @ 2133MHz

On the bright side, the build can start today.... So it should be ready as birthday and Xmas present.

Also I made the following additions:

OS: Win 8.1 (64 Bit) - I never felt as bad about an OS.
                  Keyboard: Logitech G500s
                  Mice: Logitech G710+

The whole process might take a while. - I'm scared and exited at the same time....

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post

Keyboard: Logitech G500s
                    Mice: Logitech G710+

The whole process might take a while. - I'm scared and exited at the same time....
                    You will do just fine, just remember not to confuse the mouse and the keyboard.

Nice keyboard BTW, I would love to get a mechanical one some day.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The memory I got was faulty. - Therefore replaced it by cheaper one.

Here are some low quality pics:
                      IMG_1714.jpg IMG_1715.jpg

Beware that the tower is not compatible with the H110. So I had to use a workround. :/ Build time was around 3 hours.

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

2 optical drives? Never have and never will understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            2 optical drives? Never have and never will understand that.
                            Easy to explain: I needed a BluRay player in order to watch these at my TV which is connected to the PC.
                            The DVD writer is for normal tasks. Also I need to convert a lot of self-made Video DVDs for my dad. Thus the second drive.

Temps seem to be ok around 29-60 degrees celsius:

CPU_GPU.jpg

But the fans are quite loud. Though they only run about 800-1200 rpm. Or might be the graphics card...

Comment

Some more stress testing, i.e. converting a dvd:

Stress.jpg

Temps seem to be "ok"...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X