Im back with a new shiny computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im back with a new shiny computer!

Been a couple years but finally worked up the funds to get myself this beauty. Built it last summer but id figure id show it off a little. Looking into upgrading to the 4930K processor since my mobo is the same socket but other than that im looking to finally but this rig to the test!

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor (Possible upgrade here eventually)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX690 4096MB GDDR5 512bit, Dual GPU, 2xDVI-I,DVI-D,mDisplayPort, Quad SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (Possible upgrade here eventually)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 w/ Window w/ Black Interior ATX Case
    PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver Certified 1050-Watt Power Supply
    HD1: Intel 520 Series 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive
    HD2: Western Digital 500GB SATA3 7200rpm 32 MB Hard Drive -Caviar Black
    Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 PRO - LGA2011 - X79 - 8x DIMM - PCIe 3.0 Motherboards
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Nice rig, I'm not sure why you would need an upgrade though, unless you just like to keep things fresh. Post up some pics!
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Looks like a bad-ass rig... I just converted over to watercooled myself. I hope to upgrade and have the SSD in mine by the end of this year. I already have the 7200. I always recommend ZOTAC Nviaia cards, they seem to stay cool better, and usually come with a lot of bonus software. But you went well with the asus motherboard. Doe sit also have the UIFI bios?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
        Nice rig, I'm not sure why you would need an upgrade though, unless you just like to keep things fresh. Post up some pics!
        Yeah I like keeping it fresh. I am already feeling like my processor and motherboard needs to be upgraded. And I have never updated my BIOS before so I am obsessing over that but not confident enough to do it myself since it requires a sequential upgrade to the latest .ROM version, then a conversion from .ROM to .CAP, and then finally a sequential upgrade to the latest .CAP version. I first put this computer together in the summer of 2012 so Im starting to get the upgrade itch but luckily I have no money!
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a very nice build. There are some here that may give you a hard time about upgrading just because you like to but I think its fine. I have friends that have classic cars and it seems like every other time I see then they are drooping several grand on a transmission or something so a few hundred on parts every year or so may not be as crazy as it sounds.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yeah I probably wont be dropping any money on upgrades cause I don't have the money to do so but I am always planning my future builds!

Comment

Great looking build Silent. Seems a lot of people have had new builds recently, myself included.

Question though. Are you planning on adding another 2 graphics card? That the only reason I can think of as to why you'd need all that power lol.

Comment

Great looking system.

But why go for a dual channel kit (2x8 GB) on Socket 2011? A quad channel kit should be the first choice for best performance?
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X