Okey-dokey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okey-dokey

I thought I might try this intro. Compliments to juneau.

I have a degree in IT. I had been helping people with computer issues through those that I met in gaming since 2001 - 2002. Mostly resolving lag in game, so they could play the game easier. The days of TFC when gaming was righteous.

I had been job hunting for over a year for something in my degree. I worked at an entry level job of a call-center. It sucked, but I required the experience.

I built my system on January 5th 2012 as I needed it ready to finish college.

I began with battlefield series on the game 1942. The best game in the series. I played battlefield 3 on CLR server. I also spoke with a few of your members on Teamspeak.

I don't like cheaters/hackers as they ruin the game. I figured I would do something about it. Since the days of Battlefield: Bad company 2, I have reported hacks to Punkbuster.

I am in the process of changing internet providers back to Time-Warner. I hate AT&T and their u-verse modem. 6mbit down to 2 mbit. Worth the risk as the u-verse modem has a complicated gui. It also is a router / modem combined. Ugh.

I bought a motorola modem and a linksys wrt54gl router to hopefully provide better through-put. I hate having a delay in how my u-verse modem operates or how many hops it takes.

Anyway...as much as I can come up with.

bradley.

Welcome back. It was fun playing with you yesterday.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome back. (I hate U-verse Internet as well, but it's the only wired option available to me.)
        --Slaughter

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Finally going to Time Warner on Monday. Technician is coming over then.

Time Warner had a offer at $34.99 for 15 mbps.

AT&T decided to raise my bill when I disconnected their phone service. I still used their internet. I have 12 mbps at $35.00 - $50.00. Pretty sure it is around $50.00.

Comment

I hope you realize that Time Warner is going to be about 75-80 dollars next year. There is this thing in America that is very confusing and unfair (Capitalism). The loyal a customer you are, the higher your rate will be. You pay rent on time? Okay, rent will be 30 dollars more next contract! You pay your insurance bill on time, no matter how absurdly high it is? No problem, no accident; no tickets; but we will still raise your payments! Because America!

Comment

Originally posted by majinsnake View Post
                    Finally going to Time Warner on Monday. Technician is coming over then.

Time Warner had a offer at $34.99 for 15 mbps.

AT&T decided to raise my bill when I disconnected their phone service. I still used their internet. I have 12 mbps at $35.00 - $50.00. Pretty sure it is around $50.00.

I currently pay Virgin Media £29.99 ($50) for my 100 mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by majinsnake View Post
                      AT&T decided to raise my bill when I disconnected their phone service
                      It's the damned "bundling". Add something you don't want or need to get a lower bill. Crazy.
                      --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post

I currently pay Virgin Media £29.99 ($50) for my 100 mbps.
                        The hell are you shocked for? I used to pay $160 for 60mb and thats their second fastest package. Their 100/20 is $210. I hope you realize how lucky you are. The government likes its people hungry and broke. They're too busy trying to eat and live to worry about who is running it.

By the way, seriously what is up with bundling? My internet used to be 160 but if i had bundled it with cable it would have been 130 for both.

Comment

phantom most likely they are able to say that have X number of people that will watch cable. The number of X people that could be seen on commercials. They sell that inflated information to get more money for their timeslots available.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              I hope you realize that Time Warner is going to be about 75-80 dollars next year. There is this thing in America that is very confusing and unfair (Capitalism). The loyal a customer you are, the higher your rate will be. You pay rent on time? Okay, rent will be 30 dollars more next contract! You pay your insurance bill on time, no matter how absurdly high it is? No problem, no accident; no tickets; but we will still raise your payments! Because America!

I guess I will need to learn how to smooth-talk Time-Warner customer service to get a lower monthly-rate or drop to 3 mbps.

@Slaughter

It is that damn bundling.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X