Obamacare Fines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
    Really? You guys want to fight over the best politician? That's like picking the best bent nail.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Really? You guys want to fight over the best politician? That's like picking the best bent nail.
      Love it! Its funny because its true.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        Where did that come from? lol. What do you mean it's free? My tax refund is undeserved money the government took from me (All of it is undeserved). And what current plan? I already said I don't have one. Why else would I complain if I had a plan. You clearly TLR OP.
        As the man said he doesn't follow politics or news.

Phant--Duke is a wee bit conservative. He's attempting to express his opinions on what some derisively call Obamacare. Some of what he refers to is based on exaggerated claims and some on unfortunate wording used by Obama when selling the Affordable Care Act. He neglects to point out that conservatives do not have a counter plan, fully believe Obamacare is a liability and are dead set against its repeal, and when questioned today on what they would say to their constituents who are now covered by healthcare where they weren't eligible before that they are going to take away said healthcare, essentially go "homina homina homina" to reporters.

You should swing by the Battlegrounds forum sometime when some of us get started.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          Your in a data base already when you have a drivers license.
          Yuppers. Here in TX it's data from both voter registrations and drivers licenses merged into one list. I've only been in the state a year and a half and went for jury duty two weeks ago. I wasn't picked so it was in and out of the process in one afternoon.
          --Slaughter

Comment

Even if I were registered, I'd find a different excuse to not bother.

Great insight, everybody. I didn't mean to cause an altercation. It was just so surprising to me to be ticketed for being poor.

By the way, I did try to get insurance from their website. The Bronze package, or the lowest one was 120 dollars a month. That's the cheapest one. How in the hell is that affordable? I'm already forced to pay for car insurance. Some states force you to get renters and homeowner's insurance. I think I should start an insurance company. The money is just astonishing. Their lobby must be off the charts. They must own every single congressman.

Comment

I really need to read up on the whole Obamacare thing. Anyone got a good link or two that gives a good rundown of the proposals?

From a quick glance it looks as though the US Government is trying to create a NHS style health care system. I'm interested in how close to this it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                From a quick glance it looks as though the US Government is trying to create a NHS style health care system. I'm interested in how close to this it actually is.
                I thought the NHS was free? This is different. You have to pay for this. And be punished if you don't pay. You're free to do whatever you want, as long as it's what they want you to do.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  I really need to read up on the whole Obamacare thing. Anyone got a good link or two that gives a good rundown of the proposals?
                  No.
                  Here's a link to a Guardian article. There are probably more.
                  http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...rk-in-progress

Obamacare is the law. Much of the ongoing controversy is due to its rushed passage by a democrat majority (both houses of congress plus president) with extremely limited debate or refinement.

Nearly every relevant article published in USA is either biased or regarded as biased.
                  And, any further comment I make would be either biased or regarded as biased.

Comment

By the way, I did try to get insurance from their website. The Bronze package, or the lowest one was 120 dollars a month. That's the cheapest one. How in the hell is that affordable? I'm already forced to pay for car insurance. Some states force you to get renters and homeowner's insurance. I think I should start an insurance company. The money is just astonishing. Their lobby must be off the charts. They must own every single congressman.
                    Before or after any subsidies you may qualify for? You really should try and talk to one of the navigators if they have them in your state; it's sort of like going to an accountant who suddenly finds you money you didn't know you had, they're trained to know all the different ways to put together a package that should help lower costs.

Agree about the insurance agencies. One of the primary goals of ACA is to slow down the healthcare insurance racket by forcing administrative changes on the insurers. The first year those took place was this year and signs were positive, but like the rest of the ACA it's wait and see.

-Rand

P.S. Juneau, the best site for you is probably going to be the actual healthcare.gov site (the recently fixed version). Independent sites are much more likely to have a bias either pro or con. As you can maybe tell, this particular part of our national laws has been a bit touchy.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      Be thankful you are not self employed. I have been since 1991 and have had to pay very high premiums for coverage. I have a MSA (Medical Savings Account) and I pay $1200.00 a month with a $7500.00 deductible. Once I meet the deductible then it pays 100% of everything. Oh and it is going up $200.00 a month starting with my February Premium.
                      Apache
                      Apache, have you looked into ACA for self-insured? I read something in Time just last week (I think Time anyway) about a couple with their own business who saved a lot on a plan via ACA, so it seems they have business and self-insured policies.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        Apache, have you looked into ACA for self-insured? I read something in Time just last week (I think Time anyway) about a couple with their own business who saved a lot on a plan via ACA, so it seems they have business and self-insured policies.

-Rand
                        I will have to look into it.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I thought the NHS was free? This is different. You have to pay for this. And be punished if you don't pay. You're free to do whatever you want, as long as it's what they want you to do.
                          Nope it isn't free. The NHS is funded via taxes.

Since its launch in 1948, the NHS has grown to become the world’s largest publicly funded health service. It is also one of the most efficient, most egalitarian and most comprehensive.

The NHS was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth, a principle that remains at its core. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions and optical and dental services, the NHS remains free at the point of use for anyone who is resident in the UK. That is currently more than 63.2m people. It covers everything from antenatal screening and routine treatments for long-term conditions, to transplants, emergency treatment, and end-of-life care.
                          The rumor is that the tax collected from cigarettes covers the NHS bill alone. However it is typical considered to be funded by public general taxation (income tax, national insurance), of which you have to pay unless you're out of full time employment. The percentage of taxation is based on your earnings.

Everyone has access to the same good level healthcare service, whether you've worked all your life, or less than a year.

Comment

No.
                            Here's a link to a Guardian article. There are probably more.
                            http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...rk-in-progress

Obamacare is the law. Much of the ongoing controversy is due to its rushed passage by a democrat majority (both houses of congress plus president) with extremely limited debate or refinement.

Nearly every relevant article published in USA is either biased or regarded as biased.
                            And, any further comment I make would be either biased or regarded as biased.

Thanks. Will take a look once I'm done rummaging through these boxes that surround me.

Am I guessing right that part of the rushed passage would be down to trying to get it in before elections? Political parties are famous for "cancelling" a previous Governments ideals simply due to them being "not one of us".

I don't think you can really refine things like this too much. They have to be put into practice, and then tweaked and molded to the greater ideal over time.

Comment

Oh no! You went there.

Comment

Haha! Which part of my post got you?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X