X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
    My God! Almost a gigabyte of pressure!
    LOL!

I do hope you don't buy storage that has a capacity measured in millibars though.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      My God! Almost a gigabyte of pressure!
      Aye will be nothing but rick rolls, nyan cat and crazy frogs for days.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

You guys have a couple more coming your way. We're getting something this weekend that's going to be an out to sea solution for me but will gather strength, and we've got the makings of another large one for Valentine's weekend.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          You guys have a couple more coming your way. We're getting something this weekend that's going to be an out to sea solution for me but will gather strength, and we've got the makings of another large one for Valentine's weekend.

-Rand

Guess the North Atlantic jetstream will be sending them directly at us once again. The damned thing has got "stuck" again.

From yesterday.

"Phenomenal" waves of more than 45ft (14m) are expected off the south-west of England, coastguards warn.

Jo Smith, from Brixham Coastguard, said the waves were predicted for 12 miles (19km) offshore and were "very rarely seen in an inshore forecast".
          On another note. My roof tiles are vibrating like crazy!

Comment

First red warning of the winter today. I need a holiday to somewhere hot and sunny.

Live wind map showing the UK being hit by far the strongest winds on the planet right now!
            http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....21,53.26,1243

edit: And I'm now getting power cuts.
            Last edited by juneau; 12 Feb 2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Ouch, that does look like a serious storm near the British isles. As for the storms in the States, you guys are so unprepared for winter, it's rather funny for Canadian's to sit back and watch. We get that amount of snow and cold on a weekly basis. What do we do? Well first off, where I am at least, winter tires are mandatory. Second, we know how to drive in winter weather, and we have the infrastructure in place to handle it (plows, giant snowblowers, trucks to haul that shit elsewhere, salt, sand, grit, etc). Problem is... you can't do shit about the cold. January & February are literally -5 celsius to -20 celsius on a daily basis. Try starting your car when it's been colder than -30 celsius with the wind... I get by because I use proper winter oil 0w-40 and my car battery is still pretty new. But shit, hearing the engine barely start is very stressful, so you sit there a while till it stops sounding like metal and metal friction... then pray your brakes work, pump em, pump em some more... then get rolling. Think the worst we had this year so far was -42 celsius with the wind back in December. As for snow, we get a couple inches everyday, and lets just say, traffic is horrible when that happens, but there aren't nearly as many accidents as in the places affected in the States (again, infrastrucutre + winter tires).

Anyways, hopefully shit works out in England, because I was seeing some reports on the news and it really isn't funny to see people being flooded. Mother nature is a bitch, she'll do whatever she wants.

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
                Ouch, that does look like a serious storm near the British isles. As for the storms in the States, you guys are so unprepared for winter, it's rather funny for Canadian's to sit back and watch. We get that amount of snow and cold on a weekly basis. What do we do? Well first off, where I am at least, winter tires are mandatory. Second, we know how to drive in winter weather, and we have the infrastructure in place to handle it (plows, giant snowblowers, trucks to haul that shit elsewhere, salt, sand, grit, etc). Problem is... you can't do shit about the cold. January & February are literally -5 celsius to -20 celsius on a daily basis. Try starting your car when it's been colder than -30 celsius with the wind... I get by because I use proper winter oil 0w-40 and my car battery is still pretty new. But shit, hearing the engine barely start is very stressful, so you sit there a while till it stops sounding like metal and metal friction... then pray your brakes work, pump em, pump em some more... then get rolling. Think the worst we had this year so far was -42 celsius with the wind back in December. As for snow, we get a couple inches everyday, and lets just say, traffic is horrible when that happens, but there aren't nearly as many accidents as in the places affected in the States (again, infrastrucutre + winter tires).

Anyways, hopefully shit works out in England, because I was seeing some reports on the news and it really isn't funny to see people being flooded. Mother nature is a bitch, she'll do whatever she wants.
                Me too, Wigz. Getting so tired of this now. While we're above flood plains in my location, we're still taking a battering from the weather. Literally every 3 days we get hit by 60mph winds, with gusts of 80+ and a months worth of rain. It's just happening over and over and over. The next storm after today is set to hit this weekend. Fun times ahead.

Just one rivers worth of damage.

Edit: Just seen on the news that the strongest 'in land' sustained wind record for the UK has just been broken. It now stands at 106mph.

Comment

Your pretty worse off down south cos its flatter, up here is the snow and ice shutting off trunk roads.

A9 is always the worst hit.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                  ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                    Your pretty worse off down south cos its flatter, up here is the snow and ice shutting off trunk roads.

A9 is always the worst hit.
                    We're just hanging on here at the moment. There's roof tiles flying off of everyone's houses and trees coming down all over the place. The gusts right now are incredible.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....21,53.26,1243

The wind is intensifying more and more. But it looks so pretty due to how this model is displayed lol.

edit:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This explains why my windows are covered in sand! The beaches are being pulled in land lol.

Comment

Manchester Airport

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                          by Apache Warrior
                          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                        • Reply to 6 years
                          by Sirex
                          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                          Just hit 2.5K miles...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                          by Sirex
                          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                          by Sirex
                          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                          by Sirex
                          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                        Working...
                        X