Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF4 Rubberband Man

Hi everyone,

As you know, we’ve been looking into resolving the “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced with Battlefield 4 after the recent release of Naval Strike. We’ve found that the root cause of the issue was a configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches.

We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

While the process took longer than we would’ve liked, we wanted to be 100% sure it was done right and that the long-term solution was properly in place.

Our objective is to deliver the best player experience possible. We feel this solution helps us deliver that to you. Stay tuned to our official channels for more information.
    I hope this fixes the problem.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

I'm pretty sure this is only for consoles, haven't read/heard of any significant improvements for respectively on PC servers... yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Civrock View Post
      I'm pretty sure this is only for consoles, haven't read/heard of any significant improvements for respectively on PC servers... yet.
      I was gonna say, how does EA updating their servers help affected hardware on servers such as ours.

I read the battlelog post twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and I still don't get how it's supposed to help. If anything, to me it reads "Server hardware can't deal with the game code so all EA owned servers will be upgraded to address the issue". All other rented servers are out of luck.

Comment

One of two reasons I stopped playing was the game's network that would cause this rubberbanding.

I had not played the game since December 2013.

Is the game more playable now than it was back then?

I may come back to play.

Comment

They have improved the game a lot. Plus, Cain avoids problematic maps and manages server reboots. I had only 2 days in the last month where rubberbanding was a serious problem for me on the Lair.

However, nearly every day, I see individual players reporting lag or rubberbanding. So, I guess it depends. We'll save a place in queue for you.

Comment

Originally posted by majinsnake View Post
            One of two reasons I stopped playing was the game's network that would cause this rubberbanding.

I had not played the game since December 2013.

Is the game more playable now than it was back then?
            Same here. I just came back a week ago. It's better... but a step above trash is a trash can sprayed with febreeze. Reg issues are very slightly better and I still get rubberbands sometimes. Playable nonetheless.
            You should try it again.

Comment

Well...i am downloading it now. Not high hopes.

AT&T (my internet) offered me an upgrade to 12 mbps for 6 months at the same price of what is being paid already. I am choosing Time warner anyway.

Comment

I managed to get in cain's lair server last night. Some of the hit-registration was fixed. Like I shot people with my weapon or the tank, and they actually went down in 2-3 seconds...instead of 4-7 seconds like it had used to be.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X