The Crawler Says Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Crawler Says Howdy

Well first off a generous Howdy All! My name is Tom, better known as "The NightCrawler", but please do not confuse me with all of the other creatures of that same name that wonder around this huge gaming world. Because I am one of the original "Crawlers", because I have had that moniker since 1988 and have not changed the spelling either, always with the capital "C" in the middle. Also my name came to me BEFORE I even knew of that particular X-Men character was even around, but that is another long story.

As stated I have been PC gaming since 1988, when I first started on the Commodore Amiga 2000, for those who may remember that great gaming machine. So adding all those years together means I have been PC gaming for over 26 years! I have seen and witnessed many changes in this world of PC gaming, enough to fill my 2 car garage with spare parts. LOL I am also a part-time writer, for which I have wrote many Naval PC Game Reviews, Book Reviews and Articles for a website named SimHQ.com. I was the Naval Warfare Editor there for about 6 years before my health and drive went south and I had to give it up. Also writing Naval Warfare Articles and News was not actually my thing, because I always wanted to write about first-person shooters, but they had three others that were writing those. But I did get many naval games, books, and travel free of charge during my time there which made up for the majority of it. Today I spend most of my time playing different single-player games, along with of course Battlefields 2, 3, & 4, due to I prefer first-person shooters over any other game type.

But I am one of those "older" players in my 60's, a US military veteran from the Vietnam War Era and beyond. I am also USAF retired, and just recently retired from a military insurance company named USAA, so PC gaming fills my time now. I found your website and game server actually by accident, but today I am a somewhat a regular there and enjoy the clientele found playing on the server. I also like it due to it being an "Official" Battlefield 4 server due to those servers supplying the game supposed to be top quality and maximized for optimal performance over the lower ones just being "Ranked".

So that is my story and I am sticking to it! LOL BTW the name you will see me as in-game is "[XM] NightCrawler53" The XM was a group I was with that is now dead, but I just keep wearing the Tags, sometimes gives me Luck I think. LOL

Keep up the Great BF4 Work Guys and Gals! I personally enjoy your server!

Welcome NightCrawler and thank you for joining us.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy NightCrawler.
      Apache
      Last edited by Slaughter; 5 Jun 2014, 07:27 AM. Reason: Fixed WCL

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Welcome. And thanks for your service!
        --Slaughter

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

yo

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X