Servers degrading experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servers degrading experience

To start things off I know I haven't been around CLR as much as most of you have been here but just hear me out on what I have to say about the CLR server. I started playing on your server since Battlefield 4's release and i've enjoyed it and have met many friends while gaming on your server. I've have had many great games with some of these guys but through these couple of months i've seen a huge trend on the server and its growing issues.

1. Autobalance, this is the single biggest issue with the server and I know "official" servers can't autobalance. I've been on both sides of the spectrum when the ticket difference is well over 650+ tickets, and as an individual I can't balance the server just by switching over and hoping things change when it fact most of the time they wont but now im just on the team thats getting stomped into the ground. Hell the worst i've seen is 760 ticket difference meaning one team only lost 40 tickets while the other lost all 800!

2. Ranked mode, I know you lose the easy traffic from quickmatch which is what constantly keeps your server full but look at it this way, you want quality not quantity. You want players that will continue to support you and become a regular on the server not just players looking for a quick game and then never actually knowing who's server they were on. Also think about all the people that use quickmatch into the server when the teams are so harshly stacked all it does it tell them "well I wont join this server again."

3. Admins, Having personal problems with running into a lot of servers with badmins has kind of what made me gravitate towards CLR. Being an official server I never had to worry about being kicked/banned because I killed an admin one to many times or something else of that matter. Recently i've seen the importance of admins in the form of autobalance and hackers. Admins can force people onto the other team to even things up if they must but the biggest thing is hackers. You have a player named newjackschmitty (battlelog is down while I was writing this)(http://bf4db.com/players/8000271) which somewhat frequents the server. I dont call hacks unless I know for sure someone is hacking but after spectating him I know for sure he uses hacks on and off. There are stupid hackers that blatantly hack by which I mean headshot people with a pistol from across the map and smart hackers who dont want to be well known or busted easily so they keep their stats around normal levels and dont always use their hacks. There's even a youtube video of him hacking on your server and some of the frog guys being the victims on this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmL3X-HHOVA. The video clearly shows him locking onto each person. This obvious hacker would be banned on any server that had admins but not on CLR because you guys dont have admins to protect your server from this.

To help you understand a little better autobalance doesn't have to be a negative thing it terms of "well squads have to be split" nearly every server i've played on with autobalance always keeps squads together because its always more fun playing with your friends. Autobalance can also stop clans from just all going on one side and completely pup stomping the server to death like the CFA guys used to do. Also bringing up what I said before playing on this server has really opened my eyes in terms of why active admins are so important to servers. Please consider what I have said as this isn't just my opinion but some others that have been regulars on your server these past few months. I will continue playing on your server and thanks for reading.

very respectfully,
    Zackman40

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and comments.

Let's take them one at a time.

1) I'll look into it again. As you point out we are currently an Official server so it is difficult, although I think not impossible.

2) I would love to run Ranked mode and we have from time to time. When we did, sadly, we sat empty other than about 7PM until 11PM ET. The server costs me about $100 bucks per month, and only having it busy a few hours does not seem to be worth it. We are at the 20th of the month and so far $0.00 dollars in donations. Unless the server's community can support the server, I will pull it down. I had to pull down a very successful 2142 server because I got tired of playing for a server I rarely played in. This one may follow the same path. Tell you what. I'll switch it to Ranked mode later today, and let's see how it does for a few days. I sincerely hope it does well, but we have such a tiny community I suspect it will sit mostly empty (other than 7PM-11PM). Let's hope I'm wrong - I've been wrong before.

3) We have methods to deal with problem players that I cannot discuss. I will have my folks take a look at this player, thank you for pointing him out. It looks like he only plays here once every 7-10 days tho, but if we can catch him in the server, we can deal with him.

Last edited by Cain; 20 Jul 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I don't think you will be seeing newjackschmitty around here any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        I don't think you will be seeing newjackschmitty around here any longer.
        Thanks for looking into it. A lot more people than just me will be happy now.

Comment

looks like he finally got busted. Good to see the reporting system actually works.
          http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...1040610753/pc/

Comment

I too had clicked that report icon on that player's profile.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X