FX to Intel I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX to Intel I5

Whats up CLR! Dont start war btw amd and intel, i just want to know if someone have made this switch too! I currently own a FX8350 (stock) with a gtx 770 2gb. I think im gonna bought a I5 4690k. I dont do any rendering or 3d thing... i just game with my computer. My FX run well but i have MANY fps drop on many games and i know intel have better "single core" perf so... Someone have do this before?!

If you have a 770, switch to the Intel chip. The only case where performance increases when using an AMD cpu is with a AMD graphics card via the Mantle API. Also, if you plan on changing chip, likely need a good mobo. Consider both choices as there are plenty of reviews out there. Look for compatibility of your current memory(DDR3 presumably) vs choice mobo to go with your i5-4690k. Also, if you plan to overclock, look to either closed loop water cooling solutions and also a good board to do it on. I'm sure there's plenty of OC'ers that have done so using the i5-4690k.

Si ta des questions n'hesite pas amigo.

Also, make sure to disable core parking once switching over to an Intel chip.

Comment

Already 2 x 7950 in this build... i sell Both and bought a 770... run better but minimum fps are shit VS intel cpu ... its why i check to back on Intel! If i bought a 4690k wigz ill get the Z97 mobo or the sabertooth, already have the sabertooth 990fx R2.0 for my AMD!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X