1366 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1366 board

Hey guys. I've been looking at a different motherboard for my old machine but all I see for the 1366 sockets is the older X58 chipset. I cant see any better chipsets for that particular socket. Did they stop with that socket and chipset architecture. I cant find anything upgraded to the Z77 or 79 chipsets for those.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

The 1366 socket never went any further than the X58 chipset unfortunately, a new motherboard will require a new CPU and probably new RAM as the newer platforms are Dual or Quad channel depending on the platform.
    UT2004, FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Would be better to find someone selling off an 1155/2500k combo at this point, as guys upgrade to either a Haswell or later in the year to a Skylake platform. Expect to pay around $200 tops for that combo, and a quick search of a FS/FT forum I frequent finds this deal for $240, which includes RAM and HSF as well:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?...ht=2500k+combo

Note that the most popular 1155 boards were the P67 and Z68 boards. The Z68 is preferred but it wouldn't kill a goo deal if I found a P67 for the right price. That Sandy Bridge 2500k is still an amazing performer, even moreso once you overclock it, and many guys are having a hard time justifying stepping up to the Haswell platform for only 15-20% performance increase.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X