• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking In

Sorry I've been incognito all.

First of all, Hi!

Just to bring everyone up to speed.

The last few years have been interesting, especially this year to say the least.

My better half, Dianna (aka LadyDi) was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in January of this year and we've been doing the chemo thing ever since.

We were initially told in Jan it metastasized to her liver, bone, a vertebra, and a few lymph nodes. Her blood tumor markers were in the 870 range.
    The nurse practitioner told us in Jan when the diagnoses came back that usually it's a 2 to 3 year expectancy with this type of cancer with it's advance metastasized tumors.

Now with that said!

The great news from this past week is she is in full remission. The family prayers and weekly chemo treatments in combination with the drug Herceptin have work miracles. We started down this journey in Nov 2014 and tests in Dec and Jan to a include Dec 24th liver biopsy.

The pet scan (fully body scan) from this past week showed no signs of the cancer and her blood tumor markers are down to 10.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi and let everyone know we're still here and kicking.

Cheers
    DougBob
    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Like the community? Donate here:
    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Good to hear and welcome back .

Comment

Thanks for dropping by it's good to see you. I'm glad your wife is in remission, it must be quite a roller coaster, I wish you both the best.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

OK, I gotta quit bitchin' about my problems for a few minutes. I'm sorry you guys have had to deal with that DB but very happy to hear the great outcome! (edit: little known rule - you can only put 15 emojis in a post)

Comment

Howdy. What an ordeal but glad to hear the results have been great. Best wishes for continued good news!
          --Slaughter

Comment

Great News DB. This calls for a celebration.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Wow! Excellent news!

Comment

That's freakin awesome. You're a cool guy you deserve the best. I'm happy for ya both.

Comment

Wonderful news Doug Bob.. truly wonderful news.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X