South Carolina Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Carolina Flooding

Talk about devastating. 20 inches in some areas of South Carolina and a lot more expected over the next 12-24 hours. I hope Cain and the Mrs. are safe and dry. I've seen videos/photos of some of the flooding, portions of roads washing away and other damage in Columbia.
    --Slaughter

I hope they are safe as well.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Always an eye opener what water can do.
      Hopefully all safe.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Alot of it is dams bursting. Sirex I am guessing it is on its way to you.

Comment

There are some dams that have collapsed, but there are also a myriad of rivers, creeks and even some lakes overflowing their banks. And much of the land and drainage systems are unable to handle the deluge. Cain is just a bit West of Columbia, in Lexington. Perhaps not as bad, though there is the large Lake Murray just North and runoff from that could pose problems.
          --Slaughter

Comment

Not actually heard much about it over here yet, our news is mostly focused on the mini battle between party leaders at the moment.

Have seen a few pics from the area's hit though, its pretty heavy hitting.
            Seen a sign of Cain a few days ago, so hopefully all is well and everyone there is good too.

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
            Sirex I am guessing it is on its way to you.
            We normally start feeling the effects of east coast weather storms about 4 days to a week later, but that all depends how far north it goes on your side first, if it goes north enough it will either pass us by or not have any power left.
            Last year we got quite a few run off's from ones that never went north much over there.
            But as usual, we're never prepared for it, our systems for drainage etc cant handle it.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
            ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I work with some guys in Columbia. They got hit really hard there. A friend of mine went to Clemson, and he was up there for the football game that Saturday. He said it was a deluge there. Turned the tailgate lot into a mud pit, but luckily no flooding that far west.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X