• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Battlefront is 25% off at GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...s-battlefront/

little... fyi...

not even out yet and already on sale.

Comment

lol shows how much it's worth. I'm surprised anyone trusts a dice product before its released and thoroughly tested first.

Comment

Never trust a DICE product.

But...sales before release are now exceedingly common. I used a 20% off coupon code for Fallout 4 from GMG just 3 days ago. Just Cause 3 has been 10% off for pre-order from Steam since the beginning.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

20% off fallout 4. I'll take that.

I'm considering about getting battlefront right now at that discount. I liked the beta. Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Anyone else getting the game?

Cain running a server?
          Last edited by AmazingRedd; 5 Nov 2015, 06:19 PM. Reason: Added questions
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
            ...Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Cain running a server?
            I'll be waiting for a lower price and unannounced bug fixes. However, if this game loses popularity quickly after the movie stops screening, then I'll skip it. tbd

I think Cain will ignore this game:
            - EA has taken steps that aggressively discourage hosting a server for their games.
            - The max. limit on multiplayer is 40 (middling). BF4 was 64.
            - During the Beta, it was impossible to join, play, or communicate as a 5-person squad. The game seems aimed squarely at individuals or 2-player squads.

These details don't make the game less fun, the different game modes might be great! However, it makes it less relevant for a group who likes to play together.

Comment

Interactive preview (bandwidth intensive)
              http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/planets

Comment

20% off fallout 4. I'll take that.

I'm considering about getting battlefront right now at that discount. I liked the beta. Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Cain running a server?
                I am not getting it. Beta was ok.. just no actual communication.

No talk of getting the server.

Comment

@quimee you right, this is not a squad base game and its a shame. but we have played other games in the past that didn't have squads until battlefield came along. like cod 4 and dod/tf2/cs. we all still had fun playing on the same team or opposite. The no server support is a bummer though and i didn't mind the 40player limit as the maps weren't that big. I also read somewhere that there might not be any voip in-game. (which only bar would of been ok with..) But lets see what happens...

I did get fallout 4 tho!!
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Yea totally waiting for Fallout. Did anyone else try the Project Knoxville game?

Comment

I did get fallout 4 tho!!

This is going to be the other problem with Battlefront: it's going against one of the more eagerly awaited titles in some time.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

This is going to be the other problem with Battlefront: it's going against one of the more eagerly awaited titles in some time.

-Rand
                        Yup. Everybody who liked the Fallout series is apt to delay buying/playing Battlefront. On the other hand, these games aren't direct competitors (avoids gamer fatigue problem), and the new Star Wars movie is still a month away with co-marketing building momentum. In time, I expect sales volumes to be comparable (maybe 6-10 million units).

Comment

I will not get it.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X