Fallout 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout 4

Well someone has to start a thread for this one. Gotta say I am really liking it so far with only about 10 hours of play. You can see the mechanics from Skyrim and Fallout Shelter in play from the start. I'm not sure I like the perk based only advancement as opposed to a blend of perk and skill point system however. Death Claws are still pretty scary.

I was looking for the skill point system as well.
    Haven't found the death claw yet. Had a bitch of a time to get the people fed at the start. Then found 20 plants to plant. Now they are happy.
    Love the fact that my obsessive behavior to pick up everything and every tin can has a use. I bet I have spent about an hour with constant upgrades to my weapons. Key thing is to make the weapons you want to keep a favorite... so when you pick up extra things you don't have to worry about which ones you have modified.

One thing that makes me confused is that there are no condition problems with anything other then the power armor.

Comment

The first Deathclaw was in a scripted scene really close to the start. The 2nd one I saw attacked a pack of dogs that was already having fun attacking me. I took the opportunity to run away.

Comment

f1d0de131fc88ddbae64fe5dd74abc9f.jpg
        --Slaughter

Comment

The worst thing I have seen is some type of mutated bear. Three hits and dead... though i don't walk around with power armor.
          Just got to diamond city, was doing several side quests and getting towns started. Guess I am doing more of the minutemen quest system.
          Had to look up how do set up the trade routes. I can't figure out how to set up the mine system in towns.
          I had one town get attacked while I was there.

If you noticed the turrets blow up with 1-2 shots with any energy weapon.

Comment

I haben't played as much as I would like but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I didn't know about the skill's not being upgrade able, I didn't spread them around too much so hope it doesn't hurt in the long run.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              I haben't played as much as I would like but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I didn't know about the skill's not being upgrade able, I didn't spread them around too much so hope it doesn't hurt in the long run.
              biggest thing you will need to do is up your charisma. Can't do anything with the towns without the caravans.
              I kinda did the right thing and put alot into strength.

Comment

For the caravans/trade routes, open up crafting. Walk up to a settler, and you should have context-sensitive options in the crafting menu. One of them lets you send the settler to other towns on a route. It doesn't work on everyone in the first settlement, but I've had great luck in subsequent settlements where it looks like almost everyone is able to be assigned a route. Try not to depopulate a settlement though. I've got one that tells me there are 2 residents, but both are on routes so nobody is left to generate food.

I just use turrets for defense, and Sanctuary Hills has a fairly large junk fence line I put in for protection. I've since removed part of it to save building space for other things. I may play around with more robust scripted defense later. I'm sort of toying around with decorating my original house and at some point I'm going to set up a more imaginative town someplace with room.

That first scripted deathclaw encounter is scary if you have played other Fallouts and come into it with a low level. It's very much a WTF!? RUN AWAY! moment, even in the context of the encounter.

I put points in intelligence to get to 8, and spread the wealth so nothing was below 3, but I needed to add points to perception to get some of the perks I wanted, and I've got a boosted charisma of 6 right now while carrying clothes that get me to 10 if needed. More charisma by right is very helpful as Golden says.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I think intelligence is actually not as needed in this one(thought i did quite a bit). Vegas you needed it for skill points. I put my strength at 8.
                  Took the lady killer perk for the story line.
                  hacking 2 levels
                  lock picking 2 levels
                  scrounging 1 level
                  gun nut 1 level

I want to get a gun perk.. just not sure what type. I walk around with 5 different ones.

I need to find a way to do massive farming and make more adhesive from food starch.
                  One thing in the start don't use any food to make a dish. Plant it everytime.

I have yet to meet the deathclaw... what part was it? Mind I tend to do a lot of side quests and killing.

Comment

I also start mainly with just wandering, and still haven't finished early main story quests, but the scripted deathclaw encounter is in a general line between Sanctuary and the marker for the main quests down in Boston. There's a town along the way. I started heading in that direction just to get the main quest area on the minimap for future travel and popped into everything I saw along the way.

I have a good amount of adhesive without food starch but I'm out of oil now and need to figure out a way to get a large amount. It's needed for the major gun nut mods and maybe power armor. I like that we can tag materials and have junk with those materials highlighted. Copper is also a huge need, and I ran low on ceramic after I stopped picking up every coffee cup I saw.

Carrying probably 6 guns and a combat knife I don't use because I don't have Ninja. Should probably just go ahead and reduce that number a bit.

In hindsight one only needs enough intelligence for Science! if they want to tinker with laser/plasma weapons and settlement building.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

I took the 2nd leader perk yesterday. Thought I would be able to put all my extra goods on there to sell. They have their own stock instead of my stock. So not sure if it is worth it.

Comment

Lesson learned: when building your houses don't use the prefab corner pieces, just 2 sections of wall. Adding a 2nd story to an existing house is also a pain.

So far I've spent more points on raising SPECIAL numbers than on perks but I did spring for gun nut 2 and leader 2 and science. The charisma score does need to raise however so I can get some sexy time with the annoying reporter.

Comment

I learned a couple things with my settlers.

1. don't shoot the brahmin... I guess you are supposed to put a settler on then or something? The settlers came after me and killed me

2. I rang the bell the first time to find a settler to change to defense. Then instead of holding down V I held down Alt.... then the grenade hit the townspeople.. killing me quickly after.

Wish there was an icon on someones head when they don't have a job. I have 15 people and can't remember if someone is doing nothing.. Oh yea if you keep giving the old lady meds... she dies of an overdoes.

Once you get the scoped hunters rifle.. long distance killing of mutants is easy. I sniped about 7 of them with very few return shots. Also shoot the arm with the nuke if being charged.. BOOM

Comment

Something really big called The Swan started throwing rocks at me so I shot it with my laser rifle. About 50 times. I have also started flirting with Piper. I'm gonna go Witcher 1 on that chick.

Comment

I figured out how to keep track of new arrivals. I equip everyone with an active task a formal dress or full suit. Makes everyone look really snazzy. Plus when a new guy arrives and isn't doing anything I can easily find them.

Get the sniper rifle taking the 308 round, then put on the silencer. Took out a death claw without him finding me.

On another note... anyone else getting stuck at the happiness limit of 80% ? Guessing it is a bug somewhere.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X