Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TF2 - the game that wouldn't die (and why I came back to it after 2 years away)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TF2 - the game that wouldn't die (and why I came back to it after 2 years away)

Well, it has been a loooong time since I stopped in here, probably 4-5 months it feels like. After pretty much abandoning TF2 to go play Company of Heroes 2 for the past two years, my time with that game is less and less lately. At 47, I find the time available to game is less and less these days, as both kids stay busy after school with activities.

But at some point, I need to get my game on, and what draws me back into its icy grip but TF2, yet again. I started playing this week, and it was amazing how much I forgot. I didn't even know how to MOVE that first night !!! I had to go into my bindings to figure out what I had set many years ago and assumed I still remembered. It wasn't anything special, my usual 1:1 K/D ratio, but I was never about stats, I cared more for a team win.

So each night I got better, falling back to my beloved Pyro if I needed to exact revenge on someone dominating me, or clearing Spies by the truckload. Any good Pyro can make an average Engy look like an immovable object if he backs him up and removes sappers when needed. Ohh, and Soldier .. God, how I love to crit a cluster of enemies with one well placed rocket !! It reminds me of the total chaos we usta have around here when the Lair was one of the top TF2 servers out there. Thanks again to Cain for making it such a good server, with the right balance of map rotation and respawn timer that kept the player counts up.

Playing TF2 again is like dating a best friend - you know what she offers, you know what she wants, and at the end of the night it leaves you satisfied for the experience. I play on 2_Fort exclusive maps now. When I usta hate that map, it is such a good balanced map that it just draws me back time after time. I really suck as a Sniper - nothing new there, and 2_Fort punishes a below average sniper. But I'll get better, if I stick it out and put effort into it. Anyone else still playing TF2 from time to time ?
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

I wouldn't mind giving it a try again. I've been playing Fallout New Vegas again lately. Will be getting FO4 in the near future (hopefully for Christmas ). I actually played a few hours of BF4 the other night. Had a lot of fun with it.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
      by Apache Warrior
      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
    • Reply to 6 years
      by Sirex
      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
      Just hit 2.5K miles...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
      by Sirex
      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
      by Sirex
      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
      by Sirex
      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
    Working...
    X