Hello from DougBob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from DougBob

He all, I got a reminder tonight of the outstanding caliber of people Dianna and I've meet at the lair and I wanted to stop by and say I've thought of you all tonight.

In case you haven't heard, Dianna lost her battle to cancer. I don't think I posted anything about it here, but what started from her diagnosis Jan 2015 ended Oct 18th at 06:45 in the morning. She had gone thru the chemo treatment from the end of Jan to July when the Dr. said she was in full remission. Well, as the sneaky little bastard cancer is, it creeped into her brain and had no mercy at all. During Aug, Sep and the first half of Oct it infested her beautiful brain. I have been pretty up and down over the past months and instead of losing my faith as some might. I have had the opposite and I've never been stronger in my faith. Mainly because he answered my prayers.

You see, I actually prayed to him previous to it happening and asked him to take me. You know like the song, Don't take the girl. I told him if and only if he had to take her instead of me, to please do it so fast she wouldn't know anything about it because she was already kind of freaked out at the idea of it coming back and would ask me what if it did. I kept telling her it was in Gods hands and well... he answered my prayers. Of course being the geeky freak I am I installed her a camera system years ago and like an idiot I looked at the video of her when it happened. She had an idea something was wrong, but when it happened it took her down hard and dropped her on the coached. I will never get that image out of my head, but I am thankful I know. It brings me a small piece of mind to actually understand some of his workings and he does listen.

Anyway, now that I've brought everyone down. I just wanted to let you know, she did think of some of you from time to time and did chat with some of you quite often. I am so thankful for that and could never pay any of you enough in the world to thank you for that. She was a beautiful person and I will never be able to replace her no matter what I do in the future.

Cheers all
    DougBob
    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Like the community? Donate here:
    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Time will give you strength to carry on.
    --Slaughter

Comment

I thought you posted here in the forums about Dianna.
      I am so sorry. Only time can bring you peace and acceptance. You will never get over Dianna and I think that is a great thing.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Good to see you on here Doug, still hard to fully sink in, pretty sure the video would have hit a few heart strings, but think of it this way, if it gave you answers, that most people would never have been able to get, and if it made you feel more settled etc its not a bad thing, and I'm sure Dianna would not have wanted you to sit and wonder, why how and where...

I only check my social media and stuff every few weeks incase i miss something importnat that people dont use normal talking for... and I still scroll expecting a things to pop up with her name next to them...

If its any consolation she touched the hearts of a lot of the regulars here, was a welcome face and voice, and it was a joy to be around when she was on, always fun and happy, and I know i still find my self thinking about your post that day...
        I know at least here its still hard to take in that such a great person who I, and i'm sure i'm not alone here, enjoyed her company ingame and out of too has passed.

She was a good part of our little family here.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Sorry to hear that DougBob. Just got word a coworker's mother has terminal brain cancer this morning, and had some stuff with my dad and heart crap and needing a pacemaker in the past month. Getting older definitely sucks, especially in the way it affects ourselves and loved ones (or even at younger ages in cases). My thoughts to you and your family, and everyone else out there having a hard time.
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. May God Bless and keep you, and I know you have comfort in the knowledge you will see her again, and she is in loving arms today.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this ..... I haven't been on in forever, and I just noticed this post. I am deeply sorry for your loss...
              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X