Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF 5 may be set in WW1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/...ng-to-retailer

The listing on German retailer World of Games, originally found on Twitter, lists EA's upcoming shooter as "Mehrspieler Taktik Shooter im 1. Weltkrieg" or "Multiplayer tactical shooter in WW1" when translated to English. What's more, it also reveals the game will be releasing on October 26.

I'm all for it.... but I don't see a pure/true WW1 shooter appealing to the idiot COD class of gamers.

Comment

Ugh, get off your high horse. A good game appeals to everyone who likes the genre.

As tired as I am of WW1, I'd still be interested. But this time around, I will wait for reviews. I will not pre-order. I will make sure it is worth it. Because BS4 was absolute garbage.

Comment

Yup, I'm in the "wait for a review" crowd, too (even though I enjoyed BF4).
        I don't believe this BF5 story as hard fact, but it would be nice.

On the other hand, EA hates server admins & VOIP, so it's difficult to know how multiplayer will be implemented. Also, their Star Wars Battlefront game seemed solidly designed for a market that didn't include me.

Comment

How many WW1 games have you played phantom?

Comment

WW1 and WW2 are the same to me, same weapons... slightly different story. I don't follow what war it was, I just get the same tommy gun and some horrible sniper without a scope and kill people.

Comment

The War to End All Wars did not have the Thompson Submachine Gun. It was not invented until 1918.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                Yup, I'm in the "wait for a review" crowd, too (even though I enjoyed BF4).
                I don't believe this BF5 story as hard fact, but it would be nice.

On the other hand, EA hates server admins & VOIP, so it's difficult to know how multiplayer will be implemented. Also, their Star Wars Battlefront game seemed solidly designed for a market that didn't include me.
                Totally agree Battlefront wasn't for me either. I really hope someone is pulling our leg and we go back to BF 2142 , with some hard metals to earn.
                I remember having to knife like 30 people in a match that was 25 minutes long.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  WW1 and WW2 are the same to me, same weapons... slightly different story. I don't follow what war it was, I just get the same tommy gun and some horrible sniper without a scope and kill people.
                  Naa... Read your history book phantom.

Comment

Apache didn't need a history book, he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                      I'm not sure if this would be considered an Epic Fail by the game or the education system.
                      --Slaughter

Comment

Of course there's a difference between the weapons employed in those wars, but it's not modern weaponry, which is what I think Phantom's point is.

Comment

No, I still think there is no difference between the weapons. And I don't know what's more ironic, the fact that they don't realize that there is pretty much no difference between those wars or that a republican is complaining about the education system when every chance they got they reduced funding.

#Elephantsforpresident

Comment

Education funding? Generally the real arguments are "we obviously need more money to do a better job" versus "budgets have increased much faster than inflation and are higher than spending by other countries."

Whichever side you prefer, I'd rather you start a thread in the battleground area if you want to argue politics in a precidential election year.

Comment

Oh I guess it's okay to make fun of me and my edumecation and smartness.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Apache Warrior
                                I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                Apache...
                                18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                              Working...
                              X