X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's only one way to find out.
    --Slaughter

Comment

It's a miracle!!! I got it back.....somehow. I did a safe mode recovery, which at first only restored a profile for me. Then a couple days later, it all came back while I was saving my stuff to a WD Passport USB drive. I think my hard drive might be trying to fail. I think it's time for an upgrade. I want to try an SSD drive for my primary drive. Samsung 500 GB looks pretty good. And a mech. hard drive for secondary.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

More investigation reveals that Cyberlink Power2go is known to cause registry corruption. That was the "new" icon on my screen when I first discovered that my 'puter was hosed. I didn't put it on my computer. It got there by itself somehow. And the only restore point available to me was the one associated with it's installation. Hmmmmmmmm
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Excellent!

I use a version of Cyberlink Power2go utilities from a few years ago (without any updates). Came with the optical drive I installed. I wonder how yours suddenly got installed or updated?

Comment

Did you install anything else recently that it might have piggybacked on?
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I didn't install anything. Not even Power2go. It did that by itself.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X