BF 1 Non Disclosure has been lifted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF 1 Non Disclosure has been lifted.

Hey guys we can discuss the game some now. All I can say is wow. The first thing that stuck out was the mechanics. Way better and smoother than BF4 dont know what they did but on my machine it is way smoother than BF4 ever was. Jumping over stuff, riding and shooting out of vehicles has been improved. The graphics are sick, just to name a few. And this is just the alpha. Few bugs in the loading screen and for some reason the game doesnt recognize my G500 gaming mouse all the time and I have to use the keyboard which is bad cause it takes too long and I die trying to throw a grenade. Also the melee kills are not for the feint of heart. An axe, bayonet, and shovel. Really sick sounds on the shovel and axe. This thing is gonna be fun playing with guys you know. The armor is a little overpowered right now. They are sniping with tanks again even in normal mode. The weapons in normal seem to take a few more rounds but could just be me. So far I like the trench gun the most. I loved it in WaW. And it doesnt disappoint in this game either. Will be tough to beat in HC. It's pretty good in normal in close quarters. One shot one kill.

There should be some vids out soon in Youtube for this game under real gaming conditions on the alpha. But overall a really good game in my opinion for an arcade game. Not a lot of fun from the teamwork aspect in the alpha with most people playing TDM in CQ. I think I've only played maybe 3 games that had some semblance of teamwork and with that we were the top squad. If you get with your friends and have some good medics it will be a lot of fun to work together. Planes are easy to kill, but that is about right for ww1 era biplanes. Not a lot of strength in their structure. They have an AA gun that if you can shoot on the wing can be deadly. I got on it a few times and am pretty good cause I understand how to lead and shoot. After I killed a few they quit coming in range pretty fast so it neutralizes the air bombers and the air dependency pretty fast. The big airship is hard to kill. Takes a lot of rounds and is pretty deadly when it has a good gunner. But most of the time when it comes out the other team has got you cornered and it's about over. If they make it where you can spawn off of it and para down to a back flag then it could change the tide of the game, but we'll see.

Thats all for right now. Golden can weigh in and anyone else who has played. If you have any questions, shoot and I'll try and help.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks for the info, and get a new mouse, eeeewwww.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Anything like a commander mode?

Do you basically have to slog through all the same unlocks on each gun to level it up or do you get it in a pretty final state?

Do both teams get a blimp or just one?

Squad leaders or just spawn on squadmates?

Comment

Its battlefront, which MOHWF in disguise. Just way way much better content and gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          Anything like a commander mode?

Do you basically have to slog through all the same unlocks on each gun to level it up or do you get it in a pretty final state?

Do both teams get a blimp or just one?

Squad leaders or just spawn on squadmates?
          I didnt see commander anywhere just yet. not sure about the final cut.

There are different levels of weapons for each class just like before. And lot of unlocks you couldnt get to in the alpha so not sure how much you have to do just yet.

The team that is losing gets the blimp but so far, I havent seen a team come back because of the blimp, but like I said, if a team could spawn off of it when it deploys, you could just run it to the back flags and para off while the whole team is close to your spawn. Would be the only advantage that I can see.

From what I can tell I believe I spawned on team mates also but not real sure, cause I was the squad leader a lot of times so I spawned on everyone in sqauad.

Oh, and Duke, what mouse would you recommend. I like this mouse I've worn 3 out and they've served me well while they lasted.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post

Oh, and Duke, what mouse would you recommend. I like this mouse I've worn 3 out and they've served me well while they lasted.
            I was mostly joking around but after wearing out several of those I realized that they weren't as solid as the original 418 that I swore by and used for years without failure. I have a cheap one that bought for when I'm using my laptop in the crash pad or on the road. On my desktop I got a deal on a EVGA TORQ x10, It's a bit narrow but I love the feel of the switches which are on par with my keyboard that has Cherry MX Brown switches.

Thanks for the updates. I didn't mean to hijack the thread but what the heck else is going on around here, lol.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The movement is much better. You can now jump over fences and other things easier.
              I don't totally agree with tanks being too over powered. The assault class had an anti tank rifle that did some good damage(you have to be prone using it). Th bigger tanks had a very narrow field of view and team work would really help with fighting.
              You can repair while in the vehicle by holding down X... you can also do it in the plane.. just no steering or thrust.. it was slower then Bf4.

There were no Doritos though i someone did something it was on the mini map for a short time.... nobody was spotting.
              Parachutes deploy much slower and you will take damage from the 2nd story jump.
              You can stand on the top of the blimp and then people can spawn on you.... I believe you can spawn on anyone in the squad.

The AA placement guns you can get in.. really do some damage and might be over powered. The bombs from the air weren't very powerful.... those will need tweaking.. though Apache might be able to fly one of the planes now.

I have a G500... though i never tried to map anything to my mouse. I tend to use the keyboard for gernades. Just sometimes you forget which one you are throwing.

You get War Bonds as cash to decide which weapon your going to get as your 2nd one. I was using a carbine mostly... just auto fire was better. Though I did try some sniping and was doing ok.... seems like the glint was high then they make it smaller a few days later.

Personally not a fan of having to watch my guy get into the a tank ... over and over... boring.

Comment

Today I re installed Origin so I could play BF4 on EVGA servers so I could get a shot at winning soe of the prizes they are handing out due to their 17th anniversary. After downloading all the add ons etc I got to play and Origin is down, this reminded me of how much I HATE Origin and brought memories of wasting time every time I went to play BF4.

Short of Cain running a server I wont be pre ordering it, and will probably avoid it all together unless I here some amazing things about it.

Comment

Oh yea voip works as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reports Gents.

I'm not feeling this one either. Calling it like Battlefront doesn't help. Duke is very much on point about the pre-order - remember how burned everyone felt after the last 2-3 true BF games who did this.

I just recently switched to a Logitech G502 and like it so far. My G500 gave out with the click switches.

I'm finding it HILARIOUS you guys are complaining about parachuting and bombs. They didn't even have parachutes in WWI, so slow open is better than nothing. The furthest they got were initial distribution by the Germans in 1918 and a full third didn't open. The bombs for most of the war were literally dropped by hand leaning out the side of the aircraft. Of course they're weak. I'm not entirely sure they had anti-tank rifle technology then either. Maybe by late 1918.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Add my name to the list of people who aren't convinced until further proof of greatness. BF3 and BF4 launches are things I will never forget.

Comment

The Browning M2 .50 Cal MG was considered an armor piercing gun when it was introduced at the end of WWI..
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Should I run a server for this game???

(BTW I miss you guys, and miss playing with you...)...

-- John

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            Add my name to the list of people who aren't convinced until further proof of greatness. BF3 and BF4 launches are things I will never forget.
                            My favorite cynic!! How are you dude?? I even miss you... lol

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                              Hey guys we can discuss the game some now. All I can say is wow. The first thing that stuck out was the mechanics. Way better and smoother than BF4 dont know what they did but on my machine it is way smoother than BF4 ever was. Jumping over stuff, riding and shooting out of vehicles has been improved. The graphics are sick, just to name a few. And this is just the alpha. Few bugs in the loading screen and for some reason the game doesnt recognize my G500 gaming mouse all the time and I have to use the keyboard which is bad cause it takes too long and I die trying to throw a grenade. Also the melee kills are not for the feint of heart. An axe, bayonet, and shovel. Really sick sounds on the shovel and axe. This thing is gonna be fun playing with guys you know. The armor is a little overpowered right now. They are sniping with tanks again even in normal mode. The weapons in normal seem to take a few more rounds but could just be me. So far I like the trench gun the most. I loved it in WaW. And it doesnt disappoint in this game either. Will be tough to beat in HC. It's pretty good in normal in close quarters. One shot one kill.

There should be some vids out soon in Youtube for this game under real gaming conditions on the alpha. But overall a really good game in my opinion for an arcade game. Not a lot of fun from the teamwork aspect in the alpha with most people playing TDM in CQ. I think I've only played maybe 3 games that had some semblance of teamwork and with that we were the top squad. If you get with your friends and have some good medics it will be a lot of fun to work together. Planes are easy to kill, but that is about right for ww1 era biplanes. Not a lot of strength in their structure. They have an AA gun that if you can shoot on the wing can be deadly. I got on it a few times and am pretty good cause I understand how to lead and shoot. After I killed a few they quit coming in range pretty fast so it neutralizes the air bombers and the air dependency pretty fast. The big airship is hard to kill. Takes a lot of rounds and is pretty deadly when it has a good gunner. But most of the time when it comes out the other team has got you cornered and it's about over. If they make it where you can spawn off of it and para down to a back flag then it could change the tide of the game, but we'll see.

Thats all for right now. Golden can weigh in and anyone else who has played. If you have any questions, shoot and I'll try and help.

Howdy old man!! How are you?? Sounds like the game is fun. Do I need to run a server for us??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X