No announcement yet.

CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like all three and with that being said I think TF2 is my least favorite of the three. It is probably because the characters are cartoons.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I think BF1 will be a lot fun, it's definitely going to be different with EAs new server scheme but I think the fact that's it's new will attract more people, if it doesn't work then we could always play one of those older games. Just think of how many people would be coming around here if all we were talking about was CSGO.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        I like all three and with that being said I think TF2 is my least favorite of the three. It is probably because the characters are cartoons.
        Apache
        I tried tf2 once.. wasn't very interesting and the learning curve us someone who has done it for a while is nowhere near the BF games

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
          OMG!!! Pinky!

Long time to see!

Hows things with you.
          I'm doing good! RL is keeping me busy, so I had dropped out of gaming for a bit. I saw the broadcast email from Cain and thought I would answer the call. I have some great memories from when I was a regular here. Hope everything is going well for you as well.

@Apache - Thanks for the welcome!
          "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch."

Comment

Between the three, I'd go with TF2, but that game has always had a soft spot in my heart much like UT2K4. From what little I've seen of BF1 it seriously seems directed towards the consoles, and I never actually played CS:GO so I can't really provide any input on that, though it does go on sale quite often.
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
              Between the three, I'd go with TF2, but that game has always had a soft spot in my heart much like UT2K4. From what little I've seen of BF1 it seriously seems directed towards the consoles, and I never actually played CS:GO so I can't really provide any input on that, though it does go on sale quite often.
              Good to see you!! You'd like CS:GO, but first we will give BF1 a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by pinky View Post
                I'm doing good! RL is keeping me busy, so I had dropped out of gaming for a bit. I saw the broadcast email from Cain and thought I would answer the call. I have some great memories from when I was a regular here. Hope everything is going well for you as well.

@Apache - Thanks for the welcome!
                Glad you did!
                Not seen you around since L4D2 and longer on here.
                Those where fun.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Battlefield brought me here over a decade ago, it was fantastic (BF2 AND BF2142). However I feel like battlefield (newer versions) doesn't have any sense of community. Barely anybody talks on mic, and I'm a sucker for everybody talking to each other, I love it. I'm also not purchasing BF1 so i might be a little biased.

I would love to play some CsGo with you guys. I miss having a group of buddies to play with, encourage each other, and of course smack talk each other (in a friendly way).

At present i'm playing a crap load of competitive overwatch, however I need a game I can just hang out with and have fun. CsGo would be this for me.

Comment

So I looked it over during beta and I feel it's just more of the same. And I'm just tired of giving EA money for incomplete games. If you do decide to run BF1, Cain, I'll wait until the game is heavily discounted.

I wish Overwatch had shipped with custom servers for communities like ours. But it's a "Soon®©™" feature from Blizz which means either wait forever or it may never arrive.
                    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Glad to get everyone's feedback, bit more importantly GREAT to hear from old friends.

For now we will give BF1 a shot, and if it flops, we will play some CS:GO with old friends.

Comment

All I can say is that I had more memorable moments on BFBC2, BFVietnam, BF3 and BF4 than in any other games I've played. CoD4 was fun too, just wish it would have stuck around longer.WaW was great also. But after Black Ops, Acitvision screwed the pooch with dedicated servers going out. So I havent played any Activision games in a long time. With that being said. The BF franchise has been really good, even with all the problems in the beginning of new releases. But everything is relative I guess. I dont care for CS:GO never did although I have the game. And I never got to play TF2 much cause I was in transition from overseas when the Lair was running it. I guess it's what ever the majority feel like. But, we had a handful of guys that we would call in the evenings or text them to come play and they would always show up. And we communicated well. We didn play here much at all because we wanted to play HC but Cain opted for normal mode. Which is fine. But thats why we didnt play here. Wasnt anything personal. We just liked that game mode the best. But I can tell you I have never in my life laughed as much as I have when we played BF3. Why, because we were all friends and we squaded up and played together. We used TeamSpeak for communications so no one would bother us and we were always at the top or at least in the top tier on ever match. It was truly fun.

So whatever you play, find some core guys. Get their phone numbers and stick together in game. We've shared more than just game time. We know where each one lives, families and the dogs name. Thats why people dont understand why there are guys my age still playing games. It's because of the camaraderie that we have shared over the last 10+ years. We share computer parts and help each other with problems when they arise, Even in family. We are that close. So do yourself a favor. Share your life with someone while you can. It really makes a difference, no matter what game you play.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                          All I can say is that I had more memorable moments on BFBC2, BFVietnam, BF3 and BF4 than in any other games I've played. CoD4 was fun too, just wish it would have stuck around longer.WaW was great also. But after Black Ops, Acitvision screwed the pooch with dedicated servers going out. So I havent played any Activision games in a long time. With that being said. The BF franchise has been really good, even with all the problems in the beginning of new releases. But everything is relative I guess. I dont care for CS:GO never did although I have the game. And I never got to play TF2 much cause I was in transition from overseas when the Lair was running it. I guess it's what ever the majority feel like. But, we had a handful of guys that we would call in the evenings or text them to come play and they would always show up. And we communicated well. We didn play here much at all because we wanted to play HC but Cain opted for normal mode. Which is fine. But thats why we didnt play here. Wasnt anything personal. We just liked that game mode the best. But I can tell you I have never in my life laughed as much as I have when we played BF3. Why, because we were all friends and we squaded up and played together. We used TeamSpeak for communications so no one would bother us and we were always at the top or at least in the top tier on ever match. It was truly fun.

So whatever you play, find some core guys. Get their phone numbers and stick together in game. We've shared more than just game time. We know where each one lives, families and the dogs name. Thats why people dont understand why there are guys my age still playing games. It's because of the camaraderie that we have shared over the last 10+ years. We share computer parts and help each other with problems when they arise, Even in family. We are that close. So do yourself a favor. Share your life with someone while you can. It really makes a difference, no matter what game you play.
                          This may be the Post of the year....

The fun of playing games as a part of a good community is making new friends then playing games with and against those friends.

The way EA/DICE has made it harder and harder for a community to run and manage their own server is shameful, and killing off the last vestiges of PC Gaming....

Thanks for the kind words Cobalt. I have run Game servers since 1998 to make new friends and to give people who enjoy games make new friends as well.

The themselves games are often secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Battlefield brought me here over a decade ago, it was fantastic (BF2 AND BF2142). However I feel like battlefield (newer versions) doesn't have any sense of community. Barely anybody talks on mic, and I'm a sucker for everybody talking to each other, I love it. I'm also not purchasing BF1 so i might be a little biased.
                            I think the problem stems from the transitioning to individual achievement over the years. There's no reason to communicate with others because with enough repetition you can achieve your goal even if you lose matches often. We used to communicate with each other because we knew we could get an advantage in winning the round, but now that isn't the main goal. Too many times I've seen people sink a team because they're more worried about unlocking a scope.

Comment

To bad they could not have come up with a gameplay that would tie achievements to teamwork. : roll:
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

hello friends! long time.

I don't play as much anymore but I do play csgo every other week. I miss playing with you all.

CSGO server was easy to maintain/cost, easy to admin, customization and plugins. We met some good people in that expand.
                                The only skill you need in CSGO is aiming, which is for every fps game. you get a good body shot/head shot and you're l33t and team work wasn't much of a problem, we just needed Apache to scream into the mic for us. A or B I love those bomb site rush

I enjoy playing BF games, as I was always up for playing with lot of people(64). but it feels like you only playing with 5 other people instead, there not much of "team" communication, only with the people in your squad, that if they comply with you and the rest. Don't get me wrong.. BF is a great game. but I feel like people play more for rank than for teamwork. I'd still play in a squad of CLR any day.

Last BF i played here was Vietnam, I did play the beta for 3 and 4 but don't own it. I forgot to play BF1 beta
                                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X