No announcement yet.

CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while i remember CS:Go as being fun... there were a whole lot more cheats in the system.
    Plus am i the only one who remembers the problem with the DOS attacks on the server by other groups?
    Even towards the end on both games you had to stay around to get the server going.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
      while i remember CS:Go as being fun... there were a whole lot more cheats in the system.
      Plus am i the only one who remembers the problem with the DOS attacks on the server by other groups?
      Even towards the end on both games you had to stay around to get the server going.
      I vividly remember the DDOSing, that was targeted at our server by folks I had banned. CS:GO definitely has cheaters, no doubt about that.

Comment

So does the BF Franchise. Remember cartillery?
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          So does the BF Franchise. Remember cartillery?
          Apache
          Exactly!! We'd still be playing BF2 if they would have fixed that!! Or 2142 if they would have fixed the Titans moving....

How about TF2 guys?? That was fun... and a REALLY easy game for me to set up and run.

Comment

I'm down for anything. What about Fistfull of Frags?

Comment

Originally posted by arpwatch View Post
              I'm down for anything. What about Fistfull of Frags?
              I'll check it out.... I'm wide open too. I want something fun, and that will allow us to play some games with our old friends, and make some new friends too.

Comment

Its not so much being pro, CSGO has been oriented a lot like a console game. People play the auto-matching games and competitive matches to get quicker access to skins. I quit playing recently cause there was no good servers available that didn't have crazy mods running. And when I do play, it is competitive matches, because of skins, I mean I'll play at Cain's regardless of drops, but non-community members don't have the standing loyalty that I do. Plus, when they release a new operation, the operation requires play on games modes and not community servers. I dunno, I'm not saying I won't play, I'm just saying, as someone that has continued to play both of these game since the last servers were up here at Cain's, CSGO has become more competitive match based or game mode based that doesn't run off a server.

And FYI.... I do miss the CLR tag. Playing on random servers with people you aren't close to is boring.

Comment

Oh, and how are the numbers for DoD:S ????

Comment

Played a little CS:GO tonight, it's still fun

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
                      Its not so much being pro, CSGO has been oriented a lot like a console game. People play the auto-matching games and competitive matches to get quicker access to skins. I quit playing recently cause there was no good servers available that didn't have crazy mods running. And when I do play, it is competitive matches, because of skins, I mean I'll play at Cain's regardless of drops, but non-community members don't have the standing loyalty that I do. Plus, when they release a new operation, the operation requires play on games modes and not community servers. I dunno, I'm not saying I won't play, I'm just saying, as someone that has continued to play both of these game since the last servers were up here at Cain's, CSGO has become more competitive match based or game mode based that doesn't run off a server.

And FYI.... I do miss the CLR tag. Playing on random servers with people you aren't close to is boring.
                      I really appreciate the feedback and your thoughts. I"m out of touch with what's happening lately.

Perhaps there is a place for an old skool server that plays fur fun and keeps it simple???

Comment

Oh, and how are the numbers for DoD:S ????
                        Player numbers for DOD:S? -- Horrible....

LOVE that game tho!! I'll look into it... One of my all time favorites..
                        Last edited by Cain; 23 Sep 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          I really appreciate the feedback and your thoughts. I"m out of touch with what's happening lately.

Perhaps there is a place for an old skool server that plays fur fun and keeps it simple???
                          I'd love to see it, and even if it lasts just a few weeks, that is a few weeks of gaming with old friends that I have missed for a few years.

Comment

I'd love to see it, and even if it lasts just a few weeks, that is a few weeks of gaming with old friends that I have missed for a few years.
                            My thoughts exactly.... And we can make some new friends too, we did last with with CS:GO.

Comment

Squad is still available. Pretty cool game but not many in here played it.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

After reading the previous posts. I think we all would agree we all would like the memorable experience of team work in BF2, 2142 and other games in the BF1 format. But I have to agree if we cannot admin it, then it will not work or be at the level of server that we would want it to be or to wait in line for to join to play. The biggest reasons I found this place was the gamers who were helpful and loved to work together and it was administrated very fairly and they did get rid of the ass-hats.... Where else do you go where the Head of the group waits in line to get on his server like everyone else...

Does BF1 have the same issues for an unranked server? Is that even a possibility?
                                I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                  Apache...
                                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                                Working...
                                X