No announcement yet.

CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF Franchise Rant, some language. I thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrU71jSkio0
    I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

I have my gripes with both CSGO and DICE's decisions regarding Battlefield 1. I'm not going into them though, I don't want to write my life story here.

However, as someone who has more hours in TF2 than in all CS and BF games combined (maybe), I have some suggestions for possible pros and cons.

Pros
      -Highest skill ceiling of the three; requires you to know the ins and outs of all 9 classes and remember the limitations of your own
      -Biggest emphasis on teamplay
      -Something for everyone
      -Most game customization out of the three: skins, server mods, HUDs, a robust console
      -"say" binds, proxy radio commands, and taunts for MAXIMUM BANTZ
      -More fun server plugins and better community server support than CSGO, has the potential to last the longest. I still see servers I've been playing on since 2010 alive and always full.

Cons
      -Skillgap might alienate newer players
      -Lowest player count of all 3 (BF1 will probably rival CSGO's current playercount when it launches)
      -An even older game (though there was a recent optimization pass with MYM so the game should run on a potato now, a possible pro??)
      -Cosmetics
      -It's a Source game, so cheaters inbound.
      -No airplanes or tanks

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
        Oh, and how are the numbers for DoD:S ????
        Yeah I really miss DoD:S. Except for your shovel.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

For me the answer would be any BF game!
          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I haven't been around here for years. Last game I played at CL was Unreal Tournament 2004. But UT3 has been cleaned up and made extremely fun. I've mostly been playing EVE Online for 8 years now but I luv to jump into UT3 or Titanfall.

Basically, I'm thinking Cain should go with the majority and what he feels is right.

I only met a few UT2K4 players in person. 3 of us had lunch here in Toronto 10 years ago. But when I think about it, I really miss all the guys I played with, it was a great time in my life...

If Cain gets up a server, I will make an effort to come and play...what ever it is running...
            [TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Of the three in the mix, I'd vote for TF2.

Cain's folks never got into this one as much as BF or CS, but it's every bit as fun as either series and it's extremely well balanced, constantly supported, and has several game modes to choose from that could help deal with the lack of teamwork issues. As pointed out, there is a skill gap. I'm good enough that I'm in the top 5 or so most rounds in a pub server, but I'm not "good" in this game. The really good players would mop the floor with entire teams, and it's not as easy to balance out as BF. Perhaps on par or a bit easier than if the same happened in CS.

It may be difficult to get on the radar of servers. It's a lot of quick join. That seems endemic with all current shooters.

Lack of vehicles, sure. But you shouldn't NEED vehicles to have fun.

I won't be playing BF1, and I still don't own CS:GO but it does go on sale often.

-Rand

P.S. BF 2 Pirates!
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

CS:GO!!!
                I think that CS is the more stable game to pay for a server... If yer open to a different game I would suggest Insurgency... I have been playing that more and I love the base mechanics of the game. No radar nor HUD so it's got a realistic feel... However I still love CS:GO

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  Exactly!! We'd still be playing BF2 if they would have fixed that!! Or 2142 if they would have fixed the Titans moving....

How about TF2 guys?? That was fun... and a REALLY easy game for me to set up and run.
                  I very vagely remember cartillery. Not sure it impacted me that much.
                  Well they did fix the titans at the very end i think, but i also remember kicking people who wouldn't move them back.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    I very vagely remember cartillery. Not sure it impacted me that much.
                    Well they did fix the titans at the very end i think, but i also remember kicking people who wouldn't move them back.
                    The biggest problem with cartillery was that that you could not tell who was doing it. The commander was the one who controlled the Artillery but, you did not have to be the commander to use it. And the hacker was anonymous.
                    The problem with moving the Titans was it caused the servers to crash. Even if you wanted to or did move the Titans back the server would still crash.
                    Apache
                    Last edited by Cain; 23 Sep 2016, 04:13 PM.

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      The biggest problem with cartillery was that that you could tell who was doing it. The commander was the one who controlled the Artillery but, you did not have to be the commander to use it. And the hacker was anonymous.
                      The problem with moving the Titans was it caused the servers to crash. Even if you wanted to or did move the Titans back the server would still crash.
                      Apache
                      I remember it more crashing once someone was booted.. 1 person booted reboot in 3 maps.. 2 people rebooted in 2 maps.... 3 people and crashes then and there.
                      I booted a good amount of people.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        I remember it more crashing once someone was booted.. 1 person booted reboot in 3 maps.. 2 people rebooted in 2 maps.... 3 people and crashes then and there.
                        I booted a good amount of people.
                        Usually followed by us rebooting the server!
                        Lol

Every game server has a flaw, something.
                        Last edited by Sirex; 23 Sep 2016, 03:30 PM.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

There was an update once that caused the server to crash when admins kicked players. I remember Cain telling admins to go easy on kicking and invariably someone would kick a player towards the end of primetime and crash the server. Then the server would sit empty all night. I wish I could remember the name of a female admin that tried to ban a player on the CS Server. She ended up banning all 32 players on the server, including me. I think I seem to remember an admin banning Cain at one time.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            There was an update once that caused the server to crash when admins kicked players. I remember Cain telling admins to go easy on kicking and invariably someone would kick a player towards the end of primetime and crash the server. Then the server would sit empty all night. I wish I could remember the name of a female admin that tried to ban a player on the CS Server. She ended up banning all 32 players on the server, including me. I think I seem to remember an admin banning Cain at one time.
                            Apache
                            Oh my what was her name?? SIREX??? HELP!!

Comment

I just remembered while reading your post. It was Lady Slayer. She even came to one of the lans.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

CS GO is the way to go. Nobody really rallies around community servers in BF games anymore.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                  Apache...
                                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                                Working...
                                X