Help bring back Cain's Lair!

Help towards our goal of
$250 and help bring a game server back to Cain's Lair!!
Help us make our goal!
Help bring a game server back to Cain's Lair!

» Online Users: 11

0 members and 11 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,011, 20th Apr 2015 at 01:38 PM.

» Recent Reactions

Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Cain's post in
Some Cain's Lair Ancient History
22nd May 2017, 10:32 PM
Cain's reaction to
Apache Warrior's post in
Some Cain's Lair Ancient History
22nd May 2017, 07:19 PM
Cain's reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
Some Cain's Lair Ancient History
22nd May 2017, 07:19 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
MR_MADHATTER's post in
Post your PC's!
10th May 2017, 08:12 AM
Slaughter's reaction to
MR_MADHATTER's post in
Post your PC's!
6th May 2017, 08:18 AM
Cain's reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
Cain's December 2016 Computer
24th Mar 2017, 04:41 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
Post your PC's!
12th Mar 2017, 04:59 PM
11th Mar 2017, 08:15 PM
11th Mar 2017, 10:09 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Slaughter's post in
Epic Story Telling
7th Mar 2017, 07:55 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Slaughter's post in
New machine
3rd Mar 2017, 01:14 PM
Slaughter's reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
Post your PC's!
27th Feb 2017, 08:51 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Bon3z's post in
new video card help
30th Jan 2017, 08:11 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
30th Jan 2017, 08:11 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
Youtube links not posting
30th Jan 2017, 08:10 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Apache Warrior's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
29th Jan 2017, 02:30 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
29th Jan 2017, 02:30 PM
Grisu's reaction to
Sirex's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
21st Jan 2017, 04:00 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Cain's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
17th Jan 2017, 10:59 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
New Kaby Lake build.
17th Jan 2017, 10:59 AM
Slaughter's reaction to
Duke{CLR}'s post in
New Kaby Lake build.
17th Jan 2017, 07:58 AM
Slaughter's reaction to
K PhaNTOM's post in
Merry Happy Belated
31st Dec 2016, 07:34 PM
Slaughter's reaction to
Rand{CLR}'s post in
Merry Happy Belated
31st Dec 2016, 07:34 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Cain's post in
Merry Happy Belated
28th Dec 2016, 12:52 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Cain's post in
Cain's December 2016 Computer
21st Dec 2016, 06:27 PM
Slaughter's reaction to
Cain's post in
Cain's December 2016 Computer
21st Dec 2016, 09:05 AM
6th Dec 2016, 07:30 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
goldenfooler's post in
new video card help
29th Nov 2016, 10:32 AM
Slaughter's reaction to
Bliss's post in
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
25th Nov 2016, 10:08 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Jeffro's post in
Monthly Donations
17th Nov 2016, 04:28 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Apache Warrior's post in
I have played with more CLRs in the last few days....
11th Nov 2016, 08:13 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
goldenfooler's post in
I have played with more CLRs in the last few days....
11th Nov 2016, 08:13 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Qicmee's post in
I have played with more CLRs in the last few days....
11th Nov 2016, 08:13 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
{CLR} Cobalt's post in
Good times with some CLRs today!
10th Nov 2016, 08:48 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion
9th Nov 2016, 09:32 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
baconoclock's post in
I have played with more CLRs in the last few days....
8th Nov 2016, 10:28 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Jeffro's post in
I have played with more CLRs in the last few days....
8th Nov 2016, 07:52 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Cain's post in
Good times with some CLRs today!
8th Nov 2016, 07:52 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
Jeffro's post in
Good times with some CLRs today!
8th Nov 2016, 07:52 PM
Cain's reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion
8th Nov 2016, 06:40 PM
Cain's reaction to
Duke{CLR}'s post in
CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion
8th Nov 2016, 06:39 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
*THOR*'s post in
CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion
6th Nov 2016, 12:20 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
K PhaNTOM's post in
CS:GO vs BF1 - Discussion
2nd Nov 2016, 05:38 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
JohnyRico's post in
BF1 Field reports?
29th Oct 2016, 12:39 PM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
K PhaNTOM's post in
BF1 Field reports?
29th Oct 2016, 12:39 PM
Rand{CLR}'s reaction to
K PhaNTOM's post in
BF1 Field reports?
28th Oct 2016, 09:26 AM
Duke{CLR}'s reaction to
-Bar's post in
I buckled!!
25th Oct 2016, 09:47 PM
Bon3z's reaction to
Duke{CLR}'s post in
BF1 Field reports?
25th Oct 2016, 07:41 AM
Sirex's reaction to
K PhaNTOM's post in
BF1 Field reports?
23rd Oct 2016, 11:09 AM
K PhaNTOM's reaction to
JohnyRico's post in
BF1 Field reports?
23rd Oct 2016, 08:50 AM

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 6,095
Threads: 25,762
Posts: 265,771
Top Poster: Cain (41,391)
Welcome to our newest member, RonaldUnfog
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94
  1. #51
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ViTO View Post
    Haha so many old emails and logins but I got it sorted out ! Funny thing is my email for yahoo is still VitoCLR@yahoo so that's A++ for life.

    OF COURSE .... If anyone needs some new graphics like Avatar & Siggys hit me up, I'll get you up to date with those Game of Thrones siggys haha or whatever you want.
    Apache definitely needs and updated siggy... We are way past 12 years...

  2. #52
    Administrator Life Time Member Apache Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Mar 2002
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Posts
    28,980
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Welcome back Vito.
    Apache


    "Where do you put the bayonet?"
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

  3. #53
    Administrator Life Time Member Apache Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Mar 2002
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Posts
    28,980
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Apache definitely needs and updated siggy... We are way past 12 years...


    "Where do you put the bayonet?"
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

  4. #54
    Cain's Lair General Dead...Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Nov 2006
    Location
    Buford, GA, USA
    Posts
    3,810
    Top Reaction: Laughing (1/1)
     

    Default

    I haven't bought CS:GO. I wasn't very good at CSS, and from what I heard CS:GO would be even harder for a mediocre to poor player like me
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

  5. #55
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead...Again View Post
    I haven't bought CS:GO. I wasn't very good at CSS, and from what I heard CS:GO would be even harder for a mediocre to poor player like me
    Not really. Hide in a corner and kill the first poor sap that wanders by...

    (Then laugh at all the bitching)..

  6. #56
    Cain's Lair Private deejank's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Aug 2013
    Posts
    86
    Top Reaction: Thumbs Up! (2/2)
     

    Default

    BF1 is the future.... easy to join squads for comms too!

  7. #57
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deejank View Post
    BF1 is the future.... easy to join squads for comms too!
    Agree!

  8. #58
    Cain's Lair Expert
    Join Date
    3rd Mar 2005
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    485
    Top Reaction: Thumbs Up! (1/1)
     

    Default

    CS:GO or TF2 here.

    Both are extremely fun and promote team work (IMO, TF2 has a better team dynamic as there is a medic class which allows for a noncombat style of play)

    Finally, both have more control from an admin standpoint.

    P.S. - Glad to see some old faces still around.
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch."

  9. #59
    Administrator Life Time Member Sirex's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th Jun 2005
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Posts
    8,916
    Arcade Awards
    Asteroids Champion
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    OMG!!! Pinky!

    Long time to see!

    Hows things with you.




    I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

    ·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

  10. #60
    Administrator Life Time Member Apache Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Mar 2002
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Posts
    28,980
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Welcome Home Pinky.
    Apache


    "Where do you put the bayonet?"
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

  11. #61
    Administrator Life Time Member Apache Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Mar 2002
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Posts
    28,980
    Top Reaction: Say what? (1/1)
     

    Default

    I like all three and with that being said I think TF2 is my least favorite of the three. It is probably because the characters are cartoons.
    Apache


    "Where do you put the bayonet?"
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

  12. #62
    Moderator Life Time Member Duke{CLR}'s Avatar
    Join Date
    5th Jan 2005
    Location
    Essex, Vermont Across the lake from VITO!
    Posts
    16,442
    Top Reaction: Good Post! Sign (1/1)
     

    Default

    I think BF1 will be a lot fun, it's definitely going to be different with EAs new server scheme but I think the fact that's it's new will attract more people, if it doesn't work then we could always play one of those older games. Just think of how many people would be coming around here if all we were talking about was CSGO.


    Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?

  13. #63
    Cain's Lair General Life Time Member goldenfooler's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    9,789
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache Warrior View Post
    I like all three and with that being said I think TF2 is my least favorite of the three. It is probably because the characters are cartoons.
    Apache
    I tried tf2 once.. wasn't very interesting and the learning curve us someone who has done it for a while is nowhere near the BF games

  14. #64
    Cain's Lair Expert
    Join Date
    3rd Mar 2005
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    485
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirex View Post
    OMG!!! Pinky!

    Long time to see!

    Hows things with you.
    I'm doing good! RL is keeping me busy, so I had dropped out of gaming for a bit. I saw the broadcast email from Cain and thought I would answer the call. I have some great memories from when I was a regular here. Hope everything is going well for you as well.

    @Apache - Thanks for the welcome!
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch."

  15. #65
    Cain's Lair General {CLR}geneSW's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    4,369
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Between the three, I'd go with TF2, but that game has always had a soft spot in my heart much like UT2K4. From what little I've seen of BF1 it seriously seems directed towards the consoles, and I never actually played CS:GO so I can't really provide any input on that, though it does go on sale quite often.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

  16. #66
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
    Between the three, I'd go with TF2, but that game has always had a soft spot in my heart much like UT2K4. From what little I've seen of BF1 it seriously seems directed towards the consoles, and I never actually played CS:GO so I can't really provide any input on that, though it does go on sale quite often.
    Good to see you!! You'd like CS:GO, but first we will give BF1 a shot...

  17. #67
    Administrator Life Time Member Sirex's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th Jun 2005
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Posts
    8,916
    Arcade Awards
    Asteroids Champion
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinky View Post
    I'm doing good! RL is keeping me busy, so I had dropped out of gaming for a bit. I saw the broadcast email from Cain and thought I would answer the call. I have some great memories from when I was a regular here. Hope everything is going well for you as well.

    @Apache - Thanks for the welcome!
    Glad you did!
    Not seen you around since L4D2 and longer on here.
    Those where fun.




    I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

    ·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

  18. #68
    Cain's Lair General
    Join Date
    25th Jul 2006
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,443
    Top Reaction: Thumbs Up! (1/1)
     

    Default

    Battlefield brought me here over a decade ago, it was fantastic (BF2 AND BF2142). However I feel like battlefield (newer versions) doesn't have any sense of community. Barely anybody talks on mic, and I'm a sucker for everybody talking to each other, I love it. I'm also not purchasing BF1 so i might be a little biased.

    I would love to play some CsGo with you guys. I miss having a group of buddies to play with, encourage each other, and of course smack talk each other (in a friendly way).

    At present i'm playing a crap load of competitive overwatch, however I need a game I can just hang out with and have fun. CsGo would be this for me.

  19. #69
    Cain's Lair General Donation Contributer Contributer
    Join Date
    1st Jan 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,827
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    So I looked it over during beta and I feel it's just more of the same. And I'm just tired of giving EA money for incomplete games. If you do decide to run BF1, Cain, I'll wait until the game is heavily discounted.

    I wish Overwatch had shipped with custom servers for communities like ours. But it's a "Soon®©™" feature from Blizz which means either wait forever or it may never arrive.

  20. #70
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: Thumbs Up! (2/2)
     

    Default

    Glad to get everyone's feedback, bit more importantly GREAT to hear from old friends.

    For now we will give BF1 a shot, and if it flops, we will play some CS:GO with old friends.

  21. #71
    First in, last to leave Life Time Member {CLR} Cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Sep 2008
    Location
    Eddy, Tx
    Posts
    2,108
    Arcade Awards
    2 Ball Pool Champion, 12 Babes of Christmas Champion
    Top Reaction: Thank You! Sign (1/1)
     

    Default

    All I can say is that I had more memorable moments on BFBC2, BFVietnam, BF3 and BF4 than in any other games I've played. CoD4 was fun too, just wish it would have stuck around longer.WaW was great also. But after Black Ops, Acitvision screwed the pooch with dedicated servers going out. So I havent played any Activision games in a long time. With that being said. The BF franchise has been really good, even with all the problems in the beginning of new releases. But everything is relative I guess. I dont care for CS:GO never did although I have the game. And I never got to play TF2 much cause I was in transition from overseas when the Lair was running it. I guess it's what ever the majority feel like. But, we had a handful of guys that we would call in the evenings or text them to come play and they would always show up. And we communicated well. We didn play here much at all because we wanted to play HC but Cain opted for normal mode. Which is fine. But thats why we didnt play here. Wasnt anything personal. We just liked that game mode the best. But I can tell you I have never in my life laughed as much as I have when we played BF3. Why, because we were all friends and we squaded up and played together. We used TeamSpeak for communications so no one would bother us and we were always at the top or at least in the top tier on ever match. It was truly fun.

    So whatever you play, find some core guys. Get their phone numbers and stick together in game. We've shared more than just game time. We know where each one lives, families and the dogs name. Thats why people dont understand why there are guys my age still playing games. It's because of the camaraderie that we have shared over the last 10+ years. We share computer parts and help each other with problems when they arise, Even in family. We are that close. So do yourself a favor. Share your life with someone while you can. It really makes a difference, no matter what game you play.
    Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.

  22. #72
    Administrator Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th May 2000
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,391
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
    All I can say is that I had more memorable moments on BFBC2, BFVietnam, BF3 and BF4 than in any other games I've played. CoD4 was fun too, just wish it would have stuck around longer.WaW was great also. But after Black Ops, Acitvision screwed the pooch with dedicated servers going out. So I havent played any Activision games in a long time. With that being said. The BF franchise has been really good, even with all the problems in the beginning of new releases. But everything is relative I guess. I dont care for CS:GO never did although I have the game. And I never got to play TF2 much cause I was in transition from overseas when the Lair was running it. I guess it's what ever the majority feel like. But, we had a handful of guys that we would call in the evenings or text them to come play and they would always show up. And we communicated well. We didn play here much at all because we wanted to play HC but Cain opted for normal mode. Which is fine. But thats why we didnt play here. Wasnt anything personal. We just liked that game mode the best. But I can tell you I have never in my life laughed as much as I have when we played BF3. Why, because we were all friends and we squaded up and played together. We used TeamSpeak for communications so no one would bother us and we were always at the top or at least in the top tier on ever match. It was truly fun.

    So whatever you play, find some core guys. Get their phone numbers and stick together in game. We've shared more than just game time. We know where each one lives, families and the dogs name. Thats why people dont understand why there are guys my age still playing games. It's because of the camaraderie that we have shared over the last 10+ years. We share computer parts and help each other with problems when they arise, Even in family. We are that close. So do yourself a favor. Share your life with someone while you can. It really makes a difference, no matter what game you play.
    This may be the Post of the year....

    The fun of playing games as a part of a good community is making new friends then playing games with and against those friends.

    The way EA/DICE has made it harder and harder for a community to run and manage their own server is shameful, and killing off the last vestiges of PC Gaming....

    Thanks for the kind words Cobalt. I have run Game servers since 1998 to make new friends and to give people who enjoy games make new friends as well.

    The themselves games are often secondary.


  23. #73
    Cain's Lair General BadHabitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,159
    Top Reaction: Say what? (1/1)
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Battlefield brought me here over a decade ago, it was fantastic (BF2 AND BF2142). However I feel like battlefield (newer versions) doesn't have any sense of community. Barely anybody talks on mic, and I'm a sucker for everybody talking to each other, I love it. I'm also not purchasing BF1 so i might be a little biased.
    I think the problem stems from the transitioning to individual achievement over the years. There's no reason to communicate with others because with enough repetition you can achieve your goal even if you lose matches often. We used to communicate with each other because we knew we could get an advantage in winning the round, but now that isn't the main goal. Too many times I've seen people sink a team because they're more worried about unlocking a scope.

  24. #74
    Administrator Life Time Member Apache Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Mar 2002
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Posts
    28,980
    Top Reaction: None (0/0)
     

    Default

    To bad they could not have come up with a gameplay that would tie achievements to teamwork. : roll:
    Apache


    "Where do you put the bayonet?"
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

  25. #75
    aka RuThLeSsKiLLa Donation Contributer Contributer AmazingRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th Aug 2005
    Location
    Flushing(like flushing the toilet :D), New York
    Posts
    4,291
    Top Reaction: Thumbs Up! (1/1)
     

    Default

    hello friends! long time.

    I don't play as much anymore but I do play csgo every other week. I miss playing with you all.

    CSGO server was easy to maintain/cost, easy to admin, customization and plugins. We met some good people in that expand.
    The only skill you need in CSGO is aiming, which is for every fps game. you get a good body shot/head shot and you're l33t and team work wasn't much of a problem, we just needed Apache to scream into the mic for us. A or B I love those bomb site rush

    I enjoy playing BF games, as I was always up for playing with lot of people(64). but it feels like you only playing with 5 other people instead, there not much of "team" communication, only with the people in your squad, that if they comply with you and the rest. Don't get me wrong.. BF is a great game. but I feel like people play more for rank than for teamwork. I'd still play in a squad of CLR any day.

    Last BF i played here was Vietnam, I did play the beta for 3 and 4 but don't own it. I forgot to play BF1 beta
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced