Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program -- There will be NO 3rd Party Servers for BF1

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program -- There will be NO 3rd Party Servers for BF1

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

What is the Rent a Server Program for Battlefield 1?

This will let you set up your own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

How do I rent a server?
    You will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1.
    In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

When will I be able to rent servers?

You will be able to rent servers close after the launch of Battlefield 1. Stay tuned for a more exact date.

What customization options will the players have?
    On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016 and beyond.

What does renting servers cost?
    Rental server costs will vary depending on the length of your rental and whether you’re playing on PC or console. Stay tuned for exact pricing info.

---------------------

OK gang...

No third party servers with optimal hardware and bandwidth
    No kicking or banning
    Little customization -- other than I pay them to name a server....

Should we even mess with hosting this game?? One month of BF1 costs the same as 2-3 months of CS:GO...

Thoughts??

Reserved for Q&A...

Comment

This is total BS. They are greedy morons. I bet the prices are going to be astronomical so you can have a server and have no more control over that server than the players. (Not Thumbs).

I would have to say no.

Apache
      Last edited by Cain; 8 Oct 2016, 06:20 PM.

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

^^^ What EA has been doing to PC server admins for yrs!

So in other words EA as asking for you to "sponsor" a server, and if you do you get to name it?

Sounds like we are adpoting a snow leppord...
        Can we call it Bob?
        I like Bob as a name!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I'm kind of in the middle, I definitely am irritated by EAs new server scheme, especially the fact that we can't rent until after launch and everything is TBA, I don't want to send them my money with all theses unknowns, they usually don't give what they promise from their launches so anything that's TBA is just BS in my book. Thant being said, it is new and could be lots of fun so it would be a lot of us playing a new game with some new people. CSGO doesn't do much for me, I would play it for a bit just to join in with you guys but I feel that I would get bored pretty fast. It would be a wonderful Cain's lair" family reunion and quite enjoyable but would last about as long as one, a good long weekend, if we are lucky. Just my
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That's bollocks. Maybe through feedback they decide to do things differently?

Probably not... Greedy bastards.

I play CS:GO often, definitely not against the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post

^^^ What EA has been doing to PC server admins for yrs!

So in other words EA as asking for you to "sponsor" a server, and if you do you get to name it?

Sounds like we are adpoting a snow leppord...
              Can we call it Bob?
              I like Bob as a name!
              Change vet to EA.
              Apache
              Attached Files

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

My vote is leaning toward having no BF1 server, but wait until pricing is announced.

Cost:
                We don't know the server pricing. EA might be thinking, "EA can pay 100% of server costs. Or, EA can rent nominal flexibility to the community for positive PR. The rental cost can be very cheap because the total player count (server demand) doesn't change. It's just a matter of dynamic server provisioning."
                - If the fee is negligible, it might be nice to have "Cain's Lair" on the masthead solely as a gathering place for friends.
                - However, cheap server pricing would encourage 10,000 different clans to setup their own mostly empty, generically configured servers (splitting the player base). If our option is to play on a full EA server vs. struggling to find players, full is more fun.

For me, CS:GO was briefly fun, but it's no joy for a player who doesn't shoot fast & true. I still have it installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                  My vote is leaning toward having no BF1 server, but wait until pricing is announced.

Cost:
                  We don't know the server pricing. EA might be thinking, "EA can pay 100% of server costs. Or, EA can rent nominal flexibility to the community for positive PR. The rental cost can be very cheap because the total player count (server demand) doesn't change. It's just a matter of dynamic server provisioning."
                  - If the fee is negligible, it might be nice to have "Cain's Lair" on the masthead solely as a gathering place for friends.
                  - However, cheap server pricing would encourage 10,000 different clans to setup their own mostly empty, generically configured servers (splitting the player base). If our option is to play on a full EA server vs. struggling to find players, full is more fun.

For me, CS:GO was briefly fun, but it's no joy for a player who doesn't shoot fast & true. I still have it installed.
                  Thank you for the thoughtful post.

1) Correct. I'd assume (and we all know what assuming does) it will be between 85-100 bucks for a 64 player server.
                  2) My thoughts exactly.... Although we have no idea how the server will play or where it would be located. It may suck, who knows.
                  3) Full is always more fun. Getting a server full is rarely fun (for me and those of you have soent hours in empty servers with me).... I'm not planning to spend hours in an empty BF1 server.

CS:GO is pretty fun. I'm not that good at it either, but if you sneak around and hide you can kill your share of folks!

Comment

We need a new Steam game, ie. A new Counter-Stike or Day of Defeat styled game... I just don't understand how Valve has been vacant on game releases for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
                      We need a new Steam game, ie. A new Counter-Stike or Day of Defeat styled game... I just don't understand how Valve has been vacant on game releases for so long.
                      Agree

Comment

Well, that blows a hole into everthing. I think EA might change their tune if they dont get many rental servers running. Like I said earlier, I dont know who or how they come up with this crap but they are slowly eliminating the PC crowd all together. I cant for the life of me understand how they think they can keep a game evenly handled when they are not present to admin it. It just boggles my mind how stupid these people are. Do they even play in the real world. Or are they just playing in their own little server that no one else can access but EA people.

What they are doing is making it completely hacker friendly. Sure they will catch a few and say see, we can do this from the other side of the planet. All the while, everyone has quit playing because you cant find a clean game and it takes 2 months for them to ban someone. What a bunch of idiots. Do they even game? I guess they are banking on enough people pre ordering only to find out how crappy the servers are and it's too late for a refund. They have your money so they dont care. Not a good way to run things in the gaming industry. I think I'll wait and see how it starts out and read up a bit and see what everyone is thinking. That, and that gives me a reason to hold up on my new build so the parts can come down some more.

That being said. I wont play CS:GO... just not fun for me. But you guys do what you like. I know not many on here played SQUAD... but it was a heck of a teamwork game. If you didnt stay with your squad you died fairly easy and there would be no medics around. And .. the squad leaders had control of everything. And you can admin it I believe.

But like I said, you guys do what you want.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Thx for the comments Cobalt. EA/DICE have gotten baraged with complaints from players about being kicked by admins being jerks. Kicked for a ton on non-legit reasons and they are tired of hearing about that so they are going to ignore admins and communities BEGGING them to allow third party servers and the ability to kick and ban jerks from community servers.

I'll take a look at Squad, as it progresses through Beta, I signed up for their forums and did some research on how it runs and so forth.

At the moment I'm not going to reward EA for being so obtuse, so I cancelled my BF1 pre-order while I still could.

Even if/when we can order servers we will not be able to get it at the start of the game, when community games and servers are the most fun.

I'd like to find a game that is PC player and community friendly, I certainly understand if you have no interest in playing that game.

I'm thinking about popping up a BF4 server, are you playing that any?? Most of us already have it, and I can admin that game.

Take care

Comment

This news is VERY disheartening....seems EA is now on the "phase out PC Gaming, focus on Consoles" bandwagon. First we see Star Wars destroy PC gaming, and make it console like....now they are destroying the PC way for probably what will end up being the #1 game for many years.....

I planned on only buying the game if we can have a server....I guess EA just saved me money

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                              This news is VERY disheartening....seems EA is now on the "phase out PC Gaming, focus on Consoles" bandwagon. First we see Star Wars destroy PC gaming, and make it console like....now they are destroying the PC way for probably what will end up being the #1 game for many years.....

I planned on only buying the game if we can have a server....I guess EA just saved me money
                              They saved me some money too!! They clearly are not interested in PC Gamers, and without us they would not have a business today.

Oh well...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Apache Warrior
                                I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                Apache...
                                18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                              Working...
                              X