Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program -- There will be NO 3rd Party Servers for BF1

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For EA, PC players represent roughly a third of the Battlefield customer base. If BF1 is "playable", most of these players will buy it.

By controlling news/marketing on the server and by managing friends connections, EA has taken ownership of the Battlefield community. I think their biggest remaining weakness is team VOIP (vs. Teamspeak servers provided by clans).

Comment

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1...ffer_pcgamerfb

Rental prices!

Comment

Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
        As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with Rental Servers going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC
        1 day: $2.99
        7 days: $11.99
        30 days: $42.99
        90 days: $99.99
        180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
        1 day: $1.99
        7 days: $7.99
        30 days: $26.99
        90 days: $64.99
        180 days: $99.99
        When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
        We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
        The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
        Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

Comment

Now that is pretty cheap(that is 1/3 cheaper then BF4). I am sure there are difference for 64 players and such. If we can ban/kick easier it may work better.

I wonder if they will do some easy data analysis if everyone starts to ban the same players.

I think the question is where will the servers be located. Ping is almost the most important thing.

Since the servers are starting up after launch then we should look into it in December or January. This will also let them fix the bugs. Or at least find out if it will be workable.

Comment

I feel stupid, maybe because I am, but bored on my day off I joined this service they have been pushing at me for months called Origin Access. I thought if I joined Access I can play BF1 right now. Turns out, you get a 10 hour trial and then you have to buy the full game. You get a 10% discount though. EA can bite my bum bum.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              I feel stupid, maybe because I am, but bored on my day off I joined this service they have been pushing at me for months called Origin Access. I thought if I joined Access I can play BF1 right now. Turns out, you get a 10 hour trial and then you have to buy the full game. You get a 10% discount though. EA can bite my bum bum.
              Luckily or unluckily i hurt my hand at the end of august and shouldn't play a game for the next 2 weeks.
              PS... be careful when diving under a wave at the beach. My left hand(pinky/ring finger/middle finger) are still screwed up. No gaming for 2 months makes me sad.

Comment

Golden, OUCH!

Server ban ability: I predict any player administration will be available only on non-ranked, custom servers excluded from the quick-join queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                  Golden, OUCH!

Server ban ability: I predict any player administration will be available only on non-ranked, custom servers excluded from the quick-join queue.
                  I would take a wait and see approach with the server. Though i think they will allow more customized servers then i you are thinking.

Comment

UPDATE 1:

Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
                    ticket count
                    bullet damage
                    modes
                    weapons
                    maps

Comment

When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
                      We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.

Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

------------------------------------------

It does not say the cost for a 64 player PC server, I doubt it is 42 bucks...

Comment

Based on my boundless ignorance, I'm betting these are 64-player server costs.
                        I'm basing this on the aspect that any money paid for server rentals is purely profit for EA. If nobody rents their servers, EA has to pay the full cost to host their players. In other words, EA owns/operates all the same hardware regardless of whether it's rented or not. The rental fee is gravy.

Comment

The so called information that they provide is just generalities. EA doesn't even give and exact date just November. They hear us about a kick/ban feature and again nothing concrete about it or if they will actually implement it.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                            Based on my boundless ignorance, I'm betting these are 64-player server costs.
                            I'm basing this on the aspect that any money paid for server rentals is purely profit for EA. If nobody rents their servers, EA has to pay the full cost to host their players. In other words, EA owns/operates all the same hardware regardless of whether it's rented or not. The rental fee is gravy.
                            Well, they do have to buy said hardware and put them in data centers. Or they rent them from someone else. And pay for outgoing bandwidth. So it's more like broth rather than gravy.
                            --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                              Well, they do have to buy said hardware and put them in data centers. Or they rent them from someone else. And pay for outgoing bandwidth. So it's more like broth rather than gravy.
                              They already have this infrastructure in place, because they have run "official" servers for many years. They will simply be cramming more servers on existing hardware and bandwidth, with probably a small incremental increase in hardware, I'd guess 15-20%.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                They already have this infrastructure in place, because they have run "official" servers for many years. They will simply be cramming more servers on existing hardware and bandwidth, with probably a small incremental increase in hardware, I'd guess 15-20%.
                                Do you think this sounds better or worse then 3rd party ?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                  Apache...
                                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                                Working...
                                X