X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"All You Need to Know about the Battlefield 1 Rent-a-Server Program"

"All You Need to Know about the Battlefield 1 Rent-a-Server Program"

Learn how to Set Up your Own Battlefield 1 Servers

Following the Battlefield™ 1 launch, we will start rolling out a Rent-a-Server Program that will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

Starting close after launch, you will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1. In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.

Expect to hear more about it as we approach the release of the Rent-a-Server program. We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield!

Oh well....

BF4?? CS:GO maybe???

Comment

EA BF1 servers -
      Like the USSR and the People's Republic of China, it's easy for a monopoly operation to promise superb potential results. Ultimately, when their achievements are mediocre, they will still be the only available option. ("we are number one!")

The serious question: Which game?
      I'd be more likely to play BF4 than CS, but I'm uncertain of a server's cost/benefit with the BF1 tsunami approaching.

Comment

Sad thing about this also is, as many admins on the EA forums said, this allows them to dictate the End of Life of BF1...
        Once the next BF comes out they can degrage server performance slowly, stop renting new ones, or even just pull the plug citing "not enough players to keep going"

Can be certain the game is going to be rife with bad play experiences after a few months.

Anyway, onward we go.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I would vote for BF4 as well. BF1 can always be bought down the road if it doesn't suck.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I would play either one. EA= Electronic Assholes.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Apache
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Apache
                Apache with the smackdown.

That being said, I really liked the Alpha and Beta of BF1 enjoyed it fairly well. However, Sirex summed it up pretty well. It seems they can control how long the game is in the wild. Unlike all the rest. They fail to understand basic marketing strategies and or gamers themselves. I still would like to understand how they come to this conclusion that this would be a good idea. Cain mentioned all the complaints about heavy handed admins. That may be possible, but from what I've witnessed in all the games I"ve played, most people ask for it when they get it. Then they run and cry becaue they feel mistreated when all the while they where being asshats who no one wanted on their servers. Pretty simple.

Oh well. I'm still undecided. I'll talk to my group and see what they are feeling. I dont know it they have all the information so I'll let them know all the new developments. You guys play what you want and dont mind me. I'll get along no matter what.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

EA should go back to their BF2 days. Cain started out running the BF2 Demo. It had one map, Gulf of Oman. Cain ran it and the full version of BF2. The demo server ran for at least a year or more before EA shut it down. During that time the demo stayed full and, more importantly, brought a lot of new players to the full game and to our server. People could try the game with out having to buy the game. Those who liked the game went out and bought the full retail version. Because of this strategy, EA continued to sell the game to new players long after the new release. Now EA reminds me of ostriches with their heads in the ground. If they can't see their business follies then they don't exist.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Apache Warrior
                    I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                    Apache...
                    18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                  Working...
                  X