Now i have never had a sweet pototo pie. Shoot me the recipe.
Though i hope you have an apple pie.. without apple pie things are just not right.
Best Sweet Potato Pie
cups packed (8 3/4 ounces) light brown sugar
pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled
tablespoons unsalted butter
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup sour cream
large eggs plus 2 large yolks
tablespoons bourbon (optional)
teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on lightly floured counter. Loosely roll dough around rolling pin and gently unroll it onto 9-inch pie plate, letting excess dough hang over edge. Ease dough into plate by gently lifting edge of dough with your hand while pressing into plate bottom with your other hand.
2. Trim overhang to ½ inch beyond lip of pie plate. Tuck overhang under itself; folded edge should be flush with edge of pie plate. Crimp dough evenly around edge of pie using your fingers. Wrap dough-lined pie plate loosely in plastic and freeze until dough is firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Line chilled pie shell with 2 (12-inch) squares of parchment paper, letting parchment lie over edges of dough, and fill with pie weights. Bake until lightly golden around edges, 18 to 25 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and weights, rotate crust, and continue to bake until center begins to look opaque and slightly drier, 3 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Let crust cool completely. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over bottom of crust; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
4. Meanwhile, prick potatoes all over with fork. Microwave on large plate until potatoes are very soft and surface is slightly wet, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. Immediately slice potatoes in half to release steam. When cool enough to handle, scoop flesh into bowl of food processor. Add salt and remaining 1 cup sugar and process until smooth, about 60 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Melt butter with cinnamon and nutmeg in microwave, 15 to 30 seconds; stir to combine. Add spiced butter; sour cream; eggs and yolks; bourbon, if using; and vanilla to potatoes and process until incorporated, about 10 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Pour potato mixture into prepared pie shell. Bake until filling is set around edges but center registers 165 degrees and jiggles slightly when pie is shaken, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pie cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours. Serve.
The food processor and the sour cream make it very creamy.
Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
Frank Lloyd Wright
Cain's Lair, "Great Games, Great People", "You'll come for the games but You'll stay for the people", "You'll come for the games, stay for the people", Cain's Lair Brick Device, any and all imagery which identifies the Cain's Lair brand, and markings thereof are protected under law. Usage without permission is prohibited and hereby withdrawn. All other trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners.