X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days of War

http://store.steampowered.com/app/454350/

Anyone try it ?

Nice find Bar, this looks tremendously interesting. I looked at some of the reviews and chats that the DEVS were doing with players. It's based on the Unreal Engine, that could be promising. They are also gonna offer mod tools for map development and have custom servers with FULL ADMIN PRIVILEGES for folks in the future. All in all it takes me back to the old DoD Source days, but better graphics. I think I'll purchase it. It's not but $24.99 US so it's worth a try. It also kinda reminds me of WaW but with more recoil.

Also, this might be the ticket for the Lair to run.

I'm fairly disappointed in EA and Dice doing what they did with BF1 no admin thing. It's not even fun anymore. The hackers are so brazen now days they dont even try to hide it. Nothing much is happening to them. Only the stupid ones who rage full blast get banned, the smart ones just keep right on cheating.

Anyway, I'll see what the game looks like and try and report.
    Last edited by {CLR} Cobalt; 13 Feb 2017, 05:28 PM.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Ok guys, got the game yeaterday and played a round or two but there were only 4 players in that particular server so I dont have much to go by. But, this is DoD all over again, except with better mechanics and graphics. If you liked DoD you'll like this. The mechanics arent the same compared to BF, but that franchise has most people spoiled in that area. The loadouts are similar to what they had in DoD. I'm not sure they didnt copy a lot of their stuff. Player stamina has something to be desired but there again, it's because I"m spoiled with BF. The recoil is gonna have to be nerfed. Full auto will put you shooting over the guys head 12ft. if you dont know how to roll the mouse just proper. I'm not sure about the in game communication. I'll find out more as I play. This is just a quick review to kinda give you an idea.

The maps are kinda linear with a lot of choke points. Had a good deal of the "FOG OF WAR" going on in areas. And the elevated shooting is kinda limited. The environment is non destructive from what I can tell, just like DoD. But I could hear Apache screaming in the mic the whole game in my head. It does bring back memories for sure.

There aint much else to tell really, Oh, I almost forgot, they got shovels. I assume that can be used to beat somebody down with. Never really got a chance to do much close in fighting. Not enough noise with only 4 players so we'll have to see later.

The options coming up later for private servers and mod tools is what has me excited. There were a lot of good maps made with CoD4 and WaW back when and a few others. So this might be something the Lair might be able to run in the future. It probably wont cost that much and it could be a fun filler until something else comes along. The Lair is due for something good.

Hope this helps some. Check the link out that BAR posted.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The one video I saw was on the old DoD map Donnor.

Comment

Big issue I have noticed with the game is total lack of any substantial player base.. kills it for me, but a completely awesome re imagining of the original on a good engine.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X