Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW...64p Warfare Server up!

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601995

Granted it looks like he's testing for patch issues but I can't even imagine UT3 with 64p (if it gets full) and the true chaos of that many players. Would any stock warfare map actually work at this player count (on the PS3 most of the maps feel about right w/ the 16p cap)?

Plus you know someone will make a biggie sized CTF-Thorns just to have 64p on it...

Currently, there may be an issue with patched and unpatched clients which is causing servers to crashed. It's unsure at the moment.

64-player Warfare/vCTF could be a killer bandwidth wise, but DM or TDM without vehicles...

Hmmm...
    --Slaughter

Comment

IMO 32 doesn't even work with the stock maps. Anything over 16 is painful because the entire game was designed to work at that player load because it's the same game as the PS3 version but I'd join that server if it ever fills up. Not to play but just to see how low my FPS get. I've got a pc that is above the recommended system specs for the game but 32 player war can bring it down to under 30 fps no problems at all around a contested node and I imagine 64 would drag it down to under 10. It'll also be interesting to see if a server can cope with the load without lagging everyone out. If the servers can cope maybe epic will do something smart such as releasing a game mode for 64 players just for the PC version in a bonus pack and relaunching the game around it with a new demo. Something that spreads the players out like bf style conquest would be ideal as it's avoid those FPS problems you get when everyone is in one place in WAR.

Comment

I find 26 players server to be stable. I always have problems with lag and server crashing on 32 player servers.

I was playing some Warfare last night and seen the Omnip server running 64 players, and thought I was seeing things. Nobody playing so I didn't join. It even had a custom map that I'm very familiar with from UT2K4 called Bitchslap. That would have been just crazy fun. Might not get to check this out till patch 2 is released, but can't wait to get into the action, My PC should handle it find.

I'm with you Fluffy, Epic should try and a make a standalone BF type game.

Comment

This game was designed for the console. I doubt Epic will be able to fix all these issues within a medium amount of time.

32 player maps, especially in dm-mode, are insane.
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X