No announcement yet.

WAR-Primeval SE Beta3 - Need some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when do we get to see Primeval with 64 players....

Comment

If Cain promises to show up, I'll set the server up for 64 players and only Primeval.
      --Slaughter

Comment

UT3 does 64 players now !?!?!?!?

SWEET !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

UT3 does 64 players now !?!?!?!?

SWEET !!
          Yes, Epic did up the limit to 64 players in the last patch.
          --Slaughter

Comment

I've been bored at my job lately, and am looking for a side project to do in my off time.

If this is the kind of thing that gets the "interest" back at Cain's....name a favorite ONS map and i'll work on a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by SPECTRE View Post
              I've been bored at my job lately, and am looking for a side project to do in my off time.

If this is the kind of thing that gets the "interest" back at Cain's....name a favorite ONS map and i'll work on a remake.

Sure...remake of ONS-Adara would be cool for the PC/PS3.

Comment

We'll be testing this map tonight. Approx 9:00pm EST (GMT-5).
                --Slaughter

Comment

Hey KurlonT. I have your response from yesterday at UT.PS3 (which is now gone).
                  This is what I have:
                  1. Linksetup selection works.
                  2. UI Mappicture didn't work.
                  3. North Manta Node heavy foliage boundry still causes major lag when going through them.
                  4. The necris cauldron causes major lag when next to it.
                  5. DarkWalker can climb on the cauldron then up the lower side of the middle tree boundry and fire at the blue base w/ primary weapon.
                  6. Trees and foliage directly in front of the red Orb Spawner causes some lag.
                  7. North Cauldron weapon locker glow effect still shows when approaching its location on the three node variants.
                  8. Trees blocking approach to the Manta Nodes (variants that do have this feature) causes major lag when passing by them.
                  9. You can get stuck behind a spot directly behind the necris cauldron on the red side.
                  10. Suggestion: Add some grasses to the base of the light poles.
                  11. Suggestion: Make the fallen tree logs (blue side) more angled towards the center node so you can use it for hoverboard jumps and mirror it on red side (I know it's a break from the original layout but that didn't have hoverboards).
                  12. Suggestion: Orb Spawner should be in the default Node layout for the PS3.
                  13. Suggestion: Replace the Manta with either a Scorpion or Scanvenger until the missing texture bug on the primary fire is fixed (for the PS3 version).
                  14. Suggestion: Make one of the 3 node variants spawn a Paladin at the center Node like the old ECE version.
                  15. Suggestion: Replace the Darkwalker with Paladin or Golaith until the missing texture bug on the gunner primary fire is fixed (for PS3 version).
                  1. Apparently I am the first person to get linksetup selection working for custom maps? I have a hard time believing no one else could do it. So all Warfare maps to date just have a the default linksetup? Maybe I should post a tutorial at Epic.

2. This requires the map to be frontend loaded. The UDN doc is sketchy at best. I'll take another stab at it in RC2. Know of anyone else that has it working?
                  [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Anyone that wants to test the PS3 version of RC1 please do. I need the feedback. Thanks.

Here is the link to both versions:
                    http://www.unrealmediaservices.net/u...val_SE-RC1.zip
                    http://www.unrealmediaservices.net/u...SE-RC1_PS3.zip
                    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

1. Apparently I am the first person to get linksetup selection working for custom maps? I have a hard time believing no one else could do it. So all Warfare maps to date just have a the default linksetup? Maybe I should post a tutorial at Epic.
                      The usual method was to release the default setup as one userdata.jam file then do a necris version as another userdata.jam file. I've never seen both released under one file in any custom Warfare map cooked for the PS3. IMO as long as there's a orb and necris version most PS3 users will be happy with just that much since we have no option to d/l from the server.

BTW I'm sure a tutorial would help a ton for those cooking Warfare maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                        Yes, Epic did up the limit to 64 players in the last patch.
                        how does 64/64 play ???

Comment

how does 64/64 play ???
                          If it was running on Cain's......it'd be like butter!

Comment

how does 64/64 play ???
                            I have no idea. LOL. I'd suspect it's probably a bit buggy since it's a new "feature". We'd need a bunch of CLRs and other friends to test it out, but what the hell; I'm game.

Server specs:

Intel Xeon (Quad-Core) X5355 Clovertown 2.66GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache Socket 771
                            SUPERMICRO X7DVL-E-O Dual Socket 771 Intel 5000V ATX Server Motherboard
                            Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 FB-DIMM ECC Fully Buffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Server Memory (x2)
                            Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - (x2)
                            Windows Server 2003 w/SP2
                            --Slaughter

Comment

how does 64/64 play ???
                              I have been playing on a 64p server for about month. I have never seen it get up to 64, but have played many matches with 50+. I would have to say 70% of the time it runs stable for me. It did however become very unplayable last weekend, and now i see only 5 maps running, bummer.

Its crazy insane fun. You think 32p on Primeval was nuts. Try 50+ on Sinkhole, or Tankcrossing.

Comment

Originally posted by KurlonT View Post
                                Sure...remake of ONS-Adara would be cool for the PC/PS3.
                                I should also mention that I don't have the time or skills (yet) to make custom content. I would use only stock models and textures. That map is loaded with custom rock meshes. It would be cool to play that one in UT3 though.\

Any other ideas?

BTW....DLing Primeval for PC now. Looks Great!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X