X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEMO RELEASED!

The ET:QW Demo has officially been released. Details & Mirrors here:

http://community.enemyterritory.com/...php?q=node/130

No word yet on what improvements over the beta this has, will update as info is available.
    Of course, you could just download it and see for yourself

Thanks for the linkage I will head to Fileplanet and give it anoter shot.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Thanks!

See ya on the field....
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Re: DEMO RELEASED!

Originally posted by CarbonFire
        No word yet on what improvements over the beta this has, will update as info is available.
        Bah, that's the only thing I wanted to see.

EDIT: I found a few things on the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo Soon - Details Inside! page. It still isn't a changelog, but it did mention a few things:

For those who already played Valley in the Public Beta, the map has undergone further balance improvements based on your feedback. Most notably, the GDF can now capture the Contaminator Forward Spawn before the Shield Generator is hacked, which really cranks up the action around that objective. On top of that, the Demo contains the final XP and weapon balance, player movement, and vehicle handling.

The Demo also features ETQW's bots, so you can explore the map and gameplay in single player mode with computer-controlled opponents, or use the bots to fill up empty slots on multiplayer servers. We are also including the standalone server as well as the server launcher tool, so you can host your own online and LAN games.
        "On top of that, the Demo contains the final XP and weapon balance, player movement, and vehicle handling." - I'm going to take that optimistically and assume they've actually done something to them? Time to test out the demo...

Comment

My take on the demo (from someone who played a lot in the beta)

Lag is much better.

Vehicle physics are just about dialed in now, all except maybe the Husky quad bike.

Performance has improved, didn't notice any jerking or stuttering.

Hitbox issues remain

Sigh. I so wanted this to be a great game. But with so many other games coming out very soon, I'd be a fool to waste my money or time on this. Its just not nearly what was promised, not nearly as polished as it needs to be, and the extremely linear objective-based gameplay grows stale way too fast (they should have made a multiple-objective system :P )

I'm sure there will be plenty of clans that will like it, but I'm predicting this game will have a very poor showing in the pub realm. Its too repetitive and the gameplay is too complicated for the average casual player.

I guess.....bring on UT3! Too bad I can't play it on Cains Lair

Comment

My take on the demo (from someone who played a lot in the beta)

Lag is much better.

Vehicle physics are just about dialed in now, all except maybe the Husky quad bike.

Performance has improved, didn't notice any jerking or stuttering.

Hitbox issues remain

Sigh. I so wanted this to be a great game. But with so many other games coming out very soon, I'd be a fool to waste my money or time on this. Its just not nearly what was promised, not nearly as polished as it needs to be, and the extremely linear objective-based gameplay grows stale way too fast (they should have made a multiple-objective system :P )

I'm sure there will be plenty of clans that will like it, but I'm predicting this game will have a very poor showing in the pub realm. Its too repetitive and the gameplay is too complicated for the average casual player.

That's why i won't be buying it. It gets old very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau

Sigh. I so wanted this to be a great game. But with so many other games coming out very soon, I'd be a fool to waste my money or time on this.

That's why i won't be buying it. It gets old very fast.
              Same here... I'm a HUGE fan of the Quake franchise but this game does not feel Quake-like at all (just another BF2/2142 but with cooler weapons and maybe a bit more entertaining due to the fact that it is new). Also, with UT around the corner... well, there goes my option in buying this
              [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

I installed it last night and I played the computer for a few minutes. It looks better but I just had no interest in playing this game. I assume there is still no VOIP?
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                  I installed it last night and I played the computer for a few minutes. It looks better but I just had no interest in playing this game. I assume there is still no VOIP?
                  Correct.

Only a nebulous "maybe sometime in a future patch" is the last we've heard about in-game VoIP. Too little, too late I'm afraid

Comment

Guess what I like most about the game: the menues.

The engine itself doesn't feel right. - Apart from the outdated gfxs and lack of voip.

Grisu's verdict after some hours of game play: Disappointing.
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I've been playing for the last couple of days, and I gotta say that I like it.

MCA

Comment

it can be a fun game, but i think it was tanked before it was even released.

Comment

I was impressed that it is the only game to utilize my dual core CPU properly. I enjoyed Tactical striking, but I doubt I actually contributed to the gameplay and the missions.

So I can see why many may not like it. If CAINS says no to buying it still then I guess I'm not buying it.

Maybe I'll be happy in a few months when I have that $50 for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by tayeke
                            I was impressed that it is the only game to utilize my dual core CPU properly. I enjoyed Tactical striking, but I doubt I actually contributed to the gameplay and the missions.

So I can see why many may not like it. If CAINS says no to buying it still then I guess I'm not buying it.

Maybe I'll be happy in a few months when I have that $50 for something else.
                            Well, you can buy it if you like, Cain's Lair just isn't planning (at this point) to run an ET:QW server. Its unfortunately not a tremendously pub-friendly game (like TF2 is YAY , and theres something about the sameness of its gameplay that gets old much quicker than most games. Once you've played a few rounds of ET:QW, you've basically seen most of the strategies, since all the deployable spots are the same, and the general flow of the game varies little from round to round.

There's some fun to be had, but its just not the best choice (imo) when you compared up against other FPS games coming soon to the market (TF2, UT3, Halo 3, COD4, etc.).

Comment

The demo did absolutely NOTHING to change my mind that the game just flat out sucks. And it may be able to use two cores, but it's still laggy on the netcode at times. Not as bad as it used to be though.

Cain obviously makes all decisions on the server, but right now I would say there is about a .0005 percent chance this game would be run. If you're planning on buying on the potential of playing at the Lair, you may be in for disappointment. Just way too many negative comments and people who have already given up on the game. I would really love to see their preorder numbers pre-beta/demo, and post. I bet they lost far more preorders than they gained.

Especially since the BF2 Pirates2 mod is MUCH more fun that ET:QW will ever be, and is a free download for a game many of us already own anyway. Between that, CS, DoD:S, TF2, and 2142, plenty of options that are all better than ET:QW.

-Rand
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X